UK: Berghaus signs deal with Swiss distributor
Outdoor apparel brand Berghaus has signed a new distribution deal in Switzerland with Montana Sport AG.
Montana will target the brand, owned by Pentland Group, at specialist climbing and outdoor retailers, a statement said.
Simon Roberts, Berghaus EMEA sales director, said: "Switzerland is at the heart of the Alps and a crucial European market, with very knowledgeable and demanding consumers. It is important that Berghaus has a world class partner there with a deep understanding of the most technical and innovative outdoor products, and excellent relationships with key customers.
"We believe that Montana Sports AG offers us exactly that combination and that together we will establish the brand as a leading player in the market."
Privately owned-Montana is based in Neuendorf and also has showrooms in Zurich and Aigle, and a warehousing operation in Basel.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022