UK: Berghaus To Launch Hi-tech Ranges For Spring 2001
Berghaus, the performance outdoor apparel and textile manufacturer, is to launch several new clothing and footwear ranges for spring 2001.The company has developed a lightweight version of Aquafoil, its waterproof and breathable laminate. The new fabric, Aquafoil Lite, is being used in the Mamba and Gecko jackets, part of the Endurance range of technical multi-activity clothing.Aquafoil Lite is the result of laminating a hi-tech waterproof and breathable membrane to an extremely lightweight, mini ripstop face fabric. The membrane is bonded to the face fabric using a breathable binding process that enhances the overall breathability of the product. The outer face fabric is treated with Durable Water Repellency (DWR) to ensure that it doesn't saturate.Berghaus has also added to its footwear line with Cross Trail, the trail running shoe. The shoe features the innovative Claw Sole Unit, which is made from Graviton rubber, a technical and synthetic blend of rubber developed from car tyre technology. Three new styles are due to join the three season walking boot range. Quantum Leather Aquafoil, Quantum Fabric Aquafoil, and Force will also make their first appearance in the 2001 spring/summer collection.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022