US: Bergren to continue as Bon-Ton CEO until 2010
Department store retailer The Bon-Ton Stores Inc has asked Byron L (Bud) Bergren to continue in his role as president and chief executive officer until 2010.
Tim Grumbacher, executive chairman of the board of directors, said: "We have great confidence that Bud will guide us through this difficult macro economic environment and position our company for future growth and profitability."
Bergren joined Bon-Ton, which operates 281 stores, five years ago.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
US fashion retailer The Bon-Ton Stores has decided to reduce corporate and store personnel by approximately 1,150 positions and eliminate 2008 bonuses for senior executives as part of a new cost savin...
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' December 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe chains' November 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
The Black Friday shopping bonanza sets a precedent for holiday season sales in the US. But rarely has it been more important to fashion retailers as many try to manoeuvre their way out of the red afte...
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective