US: Bernard Chaus Q1 profit & sales up
Women's wear designer Bernard Chaus reported increased net profit for the first quarter as revenues grew by about 4.7%.
Quarterly profit was US$1.2m compared to $96,000 in the same quarter last year. Revenues totalled $39.5m compared to $37.7m previously.
Chairwoman and CEO Josephine Chaus said: "We are pleased that fiscal 2007 has gotten off to a positive start.
"We look forward to building on the initial results of our women's Kenneth Cole Reaction line, launched during spring 2006, in addition to pursuing opportunities across our Chaus, Cynthia Steffe and private label businesses."
Bernard Chaus designs, sources and markets an extensive range of women's career and casual sportswear, principally under the Josephine Chaus, Chaus, Cynthia Steffe and Cynthia Cynthia Steffe trademarks, as well as private label.
Hartmarx Corp is going to take its Hart Schaffner Marx label into lifestyle brand territory, and it's going to lean on its Hickey-Freeman unit to lead the charge....
Luxury shoe brand Jimmy Choo has named former Kenneth Cole executive Joshua Schulman as its new chief executive....
Hartmarx Corp swung to a loss in its first quarter, but the company refused to deviate from its forecast of improvement later in the year, including second-quarter profitability....
A fourth-quarter profit increase exceeded analysts' estimates but was insufficient to pull full-year profitability up to year-ago levels at Kenneth Cole Productions, the New York-based fashion markete...
In a preliminary, unaudited report on the fiscal year ended 31 January, outerwear and sportswear marketer G-III Apparel Group reported substantial increases in earnings and sales....
Kenneth Cole Productions has signed a licensing deal with Oxford Industries' Lanier Clothes division to make men's tailored clothing in the US....
Bernard Chaus reversed year-ago losses for the second quarter and six months ended 31 December as its revenues grew by double digits....
A new alliance between branded shoe supplier Leomil Group and footwear importer and distributor Cortina Group has created a major player in the European market for shoes, fashion, logistics and licens...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack