USA: Bernard Chaus Reports First Quarter Results for Fiscal 2001
Bernard Chaus, Inc today reported a net loss of $936,000, or a loss of $0.03 per diluted share, on net revenues of $40.7m for the period ended September 30. In the year-ago period, net income was $4.3m, or $0.16 per diluted share, on net revenues of $53.2m. Josephine Chaus, chairwoman and CEO, said: "As we anticipated, Chaus' results in the first quarter reflect the ongoing challenging conditions across the apparel marketplace. Within this environment, we have focused on implementing initiatives to highlight and build the Josephine Chaus brand while fine-tuning our merchandising strategies. "During the quarter, we continued the targeted rollout of in-store shops and fixturings, including the introduction of a shop at Macy's Herald Square New York City, and launched an advertising campaign on the NBC Superscreen in Times Square during the Olympics. These and other steps are helping to differentiate our brand and heighten consumer awareness. "In addition, during the quarter, we welcomed industry veteran Nick DiPaolo as our vice chairman and COO. Nick and our experienced team are fully focused on navigating the challenges of the current marketplace and positioning the company for long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022