USA: Bernard Chaus Reports First Quarter Results for Fiscal 2001
Bernard Chaus, Inc today reported a net loss of $936,000, or a loss of $0.03 per diluted share, on net revenues of $40.7m for the period ended September 30. In the year-ago period, net income was $4.3m, or $0.16 per diluted share, on net revenues of $53.2m. Josephine Chaus, chairwoman and CEO, said: "As we anticipated, Chaus' results in the first quarter reflect the ongoing challenging conditions across the apparel marketplace. Within this environment, we have focused on implementing initiatives to highlight and build the Josephine Chaus brand while fine-tuning our merchandising strategies. "During the quarter, we continued the targeted rollout of in-store shops and fixturings, including the introduction of a shop at Macy's Herald Square New York City, and launched an advertising campaign on the NBC Superscreen in Times Square during the Olympics. These and other steps are helping to differentiate our brand and heighten consumer awareness. "In addition, during the quarter, we welcomed industry veteran Nick DiPaolo as our vice chairman and COO. Nick and our experienced team are fully focused on navigating the challenges of the current marketplace and positioning the company for long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- US Q1 in brief – Steve Madden, Skechers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts