USA: Bernard Chaus Reports First Quarter Results for Fiscal 2001
Bernard Chaus, Inc today reported a net loss of $936,000, or a loss of $0.03 per diluted share, on net revenues of $40.7m for the period ended September 30. In the year-ago period, net income was $4.3m, or $0.16 per diluted share, on net revenues of $53.2m. Josephine Chaus, chairwoman and CEO, said: "As we anticipated, Chaus' results in the first quarter reflect the ongoing challenging conditions across the apparel marketplace. Within this environment, we have focused on implementing initiatives to highlight and build the Josephine Chaus brand while fine-tuning our merchandising strategies. "During the quarter, we continued the targeted rollout of in-store shops and fixturings, including the introduction of a shop at Macy's Herald Square New York City, and launched an advertising campaign on the NBC Superscreen in Times Square during the Olympics. These and other steps are helping to differentiate our brand and heighten consumer awareness. "In addition, during the quarter, we welcomed industry veteran Nick DiPaolo as our vice chairman and COO. Nick and our experienced team are fully focused on navigating the challenges of the current marketplace and positioning the company for long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Hong Kong's Winds Group to open Haiti factory
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022