USA: Bernard Chaus Reports First Quarter Results for Fiscal 2001
Bernard Chaus, Inc today reported a net loss of $936,000, or a loss of $0.03 per diluted share, on net revenues of $40.7m for the period ended September 30. In the year-ago period, net income was $4.3m, or $0.16 per diluted share, on net revenues of $53.2m. Josephine Chaus, chairwoman and CEO, said: "As we anticipated, Chaus' results in the first quarter reflect the ongoing challenging conditions across the apparel marketplace. Within this environment, we have focused on implementing initiatives to highlight and build the Josephine Chaus brand while fine-tuning our merchandising strategies. "During the quarter, we continued the targeted rollout of in-store shops and fixturings, including the introduction of a shop at Macy's Herald Square New York City, and launched an advertising campaign on the NBC Superscreen in Times Square during the Olympics. These and other steps are helping to differentiate our brand and heighten consumer awareness. "In addition, during the quarter, we welcomed industry veteran Nick DiPaolo as our vice chairman and COO. Nick and our experienced team are fully focused on navigating the challenges of the current marketplace and positioning the company for long-term growth."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Wage abuses can’t be eliminated by software and PR
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Bangladesh government steps in on labour crackdown
- Bangladesh calls for duty-free access to US
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022