USA: Bernaud Chaus Sees Lower Q3 Sales, Profit
Ladies' wear company Bernard Chaus Inc has posted third-quarter sales and profit decreases, blaming it on a challenging retail environment.
Third-quarter sales fell 5.0 per cent to $41.6 million from $43.7m in the same quarter last year, while profit totalled $1.0m compared to $1.8m a year ago.
Josephine Chaus, chairwoman and chief executive officer, said that after a decline in the company's core business it now expects to incur a loss for the fourth quarter and the current financial year.
Bernard Chaus Inc designs, sources and markets an extensive range of women's career and casual sportswear, principally under the Josephine Chaus, Chaus, Cynthia Steffe and Cynthia Steffe trademarks, as well as private label.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report