DENMARK: Bestseller tight-lipped on FDI application
Danish fashion retailer Bestseller has declined to comment on reports it has applied for foreign direct investment (FDI) in India for its casual wear brand Jack & Jones.
According to a report in The Business Standard, Bestseller's Indian arm, United India Comforts, sent its single-brand retail proposal to the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion last week.
But a spokesperson for Bestseller told just-style: "We do not wish to comment on our future plans in India nor give speculations for the future of the Indian market."
The Indian government agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail in January last year.
The move was aimed at attracting investments in production and marketing, improving the availability of goods, encouraging increased sourcing of products from India and enhancing the competitiveness of Indian companies.
At the end of last year, Swedish fashion retailer H&M was given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India, and Massimo Dutti's proposal to sell its clothing in the country was approved.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
The company is a category leader at the group level, with its entire brand portfolio including Zara, Bershka, Pull & Bear, Massimo Dutti, Stradivarius and Oysho. The company is pursuing a dynamic expa...
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
Inditex, Industria de Diseño Textil SA is expanding aggressively by opening more outlets concentrated in large cities such as Kuala Lumpur. Brands that are selling in Malaysia include Zara, Bershka, M...
Strong international sales, fuelled by acquisitions, helped apparel group Hanesbrands to nearly treble fourth-quarter profit on a double-digit sales increase....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- TPP: now the real fight starts
- Private label sourcing faces range of pressures
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- What clothing could the TPP X-basket contain?
- Where next for e-textiles and smart garments?
- Update: Negotiators agree landmark TPP trade deal
- H&M falling behind on Bangladesh factory safety?
- Nike debuts new fabric for adaptive breathability
- New Bangladesh labour rules draw union criticism
- World cotton trade seen stable in 2015/16
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020