DENMARK: Bestseller tight-lipped on FDI application
Danish fashion retailer Bestseller has declined to comment on reports it has applied for foreign direct investment (FDI) in India for its casual wear brand Jack & Jones.
According to a report in The Business Standard, Bestseller's Indian arm, United India Comforts, sent its single-brand retail proposal to the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion last week.
But a spokesperson for Bestseller told just-style: "We do not wish to comment on our future plans in India nor give speculations for the future of the Indian market."
The Indian government agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail in January last year.
The move was aimed at attracting investments in production and marketing, improving the availability of goods, encouraging increased sourcing of products from India and enhancing the competitiveness of Indian companies.
At the end of last year, Swedish fashion retailer H&M was given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India, and Massimo Dutti's proposal to sell its clothing in the country was approved.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
Next's head of men's wear design, Simon Hawksworth, is to join UK retailer Marks & Spencer in the same role....
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Strong international sales, fuelled by acquisitions, helped apparel group Hanesbrands to nearly treble third-quarter profit on a double-digit sales increase....
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide