DENMARK: Bestseller tight-lipped on FDI application
Danish fashion retailer Bestseller has declined to comment on reports it has applied for foreign direct investment (FDI) in India for its casual wear brand Jack & Jones.
According to a report in The Business Standard, Bestseller's Indian arm, United India Comforts, sent its single-brand retail proposal to the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion last week.
But a spokesperson for Bestseller told just-style: "We do not wish to comment on our future plans in India nor give speculations for the future of the Indian market."
The Indian government agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail in January last year.
The move was aimed at attracting investments in production and marketing, improving the availability of goods, encouraging increased sourcing of products from India and enhancing the competitiveness of Indian companies.
At the end of last year, Swedish fashion retailer H&M was given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India, and Massimo Dutti's proposal to sell its clothing in the country was approved.
H&M Hennes & Mauritz Sverige AB is looking both for growth in its existing outlets as well as expanding its network in Sweden. Its focus will lie on maintaining its image of offering fashionable desig...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
Levi Strauss & Co. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
Homeshopping is still a relevant sales channel for companies, which are continuing to receive revenue from customers who have yet to transition to ordering products online. It is generally the older g...
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- Bangladesh industry development moving backwards
- Teen retail being rocked by fast fashion headwinds
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Gap issues mirror widespread industry challenges
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- H&M "pushing the process" on sustainable fashion
- Adidas plans mobile phone hotline at all suppliers
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects
- Jeans in Italy