DENMARK: Bestseller tight-lipped on FDI application
Danish fashion retailer Bestseller has declined to comment on reports it has applied for foreign direct investment (FDI) in India for its casual wear brand Jack & Jones.
According to a report in The Business Standard, Bestseller's Indian arm, United India Comforts, sent its single-brand retail proposal to the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion last week.
But a spokesperson for Bestseller told just-style: "We do not wish to comment on our future plans in India nor give speculations for the future of the Indian market."
The Indian government agreed to allow 100% foreign direct ownership in single-brand retail in January last year.
The move was aimed at attracting investments in production and marketing, improving the availability of goods, encouraging increased sourcing of products from India and enhancing the competitiveness of Indian companies.
At the end of last year, Swedish fashion retailer H&M was given the go-ahead to open 50 single-brand retail stores in India, and Massimo Dutti's proposal to sell its clothing in the country was approved.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servic...
The collapse of a multilateral trade agreement aimed at streamlining customs procedures worldwide by cutting red tape and speeding up port clearances has been criticised by the group representing US a...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Workwear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: General Workwear, Corporate Workwear, and Uniforms. The report provides separate comprehensive...
Milliken & Company - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, produc...
- Marks & Spencer to extend mobile phone monitoring
- China tightens on corporate social responsibility
- Factoring: a lifeline for apparel suppliers?
- Tesco's H1 profit plunge: What the analysts say
- Asos FY profit drop: What the analysts say
- Cambodia clothing factory collapse injures eight
- Adidas "Reebok sale" would be admittance of defeat
- H&M and The North Face commit to responsible down
- Bangladesh taps factory inspectors ahead of review
- Collapsed Cambodia factory had structural issues
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Vietnam
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre