INDIA: Better Cotton approves spend for 50 projects
The projects are expected to reach around 750,000 farmers ©Better Cotton Initiative
Investors of the Better Cotton Fast Track Program (BCFTP) have approved spending of nearly EUR10m (US$13.8m) for 50 Better Cotton projects this year.
The program, whose committee includes retailers and brands such as Ikea, H&M, VF Corp and Marks & Spencer, recently met in Delhi, India to approve the projects across India, Pakistan, China, Mozambique and Mali.
The projects are expected to reach around 750,000 farmers and will work to produce nearly 1m tonnes of Better Cotton. The committee approved spending of EUR9.6m for these.
The meeting included discussions on the country investment strategy for the year, project approval metrics and criteria, and self-reliance of projects and exit strategies.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
Having posted strong growth from its sales of packaged food throughout the economic recession, Marks & Spencer’s performance towards the end of the review period was hampered by the poor performance o...
A question mark continues to hang over Marks & Spencer's clothing performance after the retailer recorded its ninth consecutive quarterly decline in like-for-like general merchandise sales - despite t...
Well designed: Operators will experience robust growth as broadband connectivity increases...
- Can Gap maintain its momentum minus Larsson?
- Brands back Cambodia industry-wide wage bargaining
- Patagonia's CSR commitments re-shaping the sector
- Can robotics redefine apparel manufacturing?
- Zalando: profit is so last season
- Unions agree proposed Cambodia minimum wage
- New CEO may focus on Ralph Lauren supply chain
- Nike collaborates on low-impact textile challenge
- Old Navy's Larsson to replace Ralph Lauren as CEO
- Patagonia ramps up Fair Trade Certified apparel
- The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields