INDIA: Better Cotton approves spend for 50 projects
The projects are expected to reach around 750,000 farmers ©Better Cotton Initiative
Investors of the Better Cotton Fast Track Program (BCFTP) have approved spending of nearly EUR10m (US$13.8m) for 50 Better Cotton projects this year.
The program, whose committee includes retailers and brands such as Ikea, H&M, VF Corp and Marks & Spencer, recently met in Delhi, India to approve the projects across India, Pakistan, China, Mozambique and Mali.
The projects are expected to reach around 750,000 farmers and will work to produce nearly 1m tonnes of Better Cotton. The committee approved spending of EUR9.6m for these.
The meeting included discussions on the country investment strategy for the year, project approval metrics and criteria, and self-reliance of projects and exit strategies.
VF Corp’s unique brand portfolio sees it moving from strength to strength on the global apparel stage. Its decision to focus on its outdoor and action sports division is an astute move given the lucra...
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Introduction Global Womenswear industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
Marks & Spencer Plc offers a wide range of quality products at prices ranging from economy to high mid-range. It is one of the longest established British high street stores and sells clothing, food a...
Over the forecast period, Marks & Spencer (Asia Pacific) Ltd will continue to monitor and review efficiency in supply chain and other operations in order to reduce cost. The company will also continue...
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Diversification a key focus for Under Armour
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report