UK: BFA Unveils Revamped Website
The British Footwear Association has extensively revamped its website at www.britfoot.com . The site provides links to UK suppliers websites and e-mail addresses in a constantly updated database. There is a free downloadable directory of UK footwear suppliers, a list of useful contacts in the British footwear market and an up-to-the-minute news page, which concentrates on the footwear environment. For the industry, the site promotes UK centres of excellence to the trade and general public, and offers an updated link to companies' own web pages. The site promotes industry campaigns highlighting Goodyear welted footwear and the Made-to-Order and Safety Footwear sectors. The news section will summarise more detailed communications sent to BFA members advising on changes to regulations that will impact future trade. For consumers, the site offers a free download of BFA,s invaluable footwear for special needs, a directory of suppliers of hard-to-find footwear. This leading reference work for those who can't get what they need from the high street costs £3.00 for a printed version. Not only is it now downloadable for free, but an addendum carrying new stockists and changes to existing entries can be requested at no charge. Consumers will also benefit from links to consumer protection organisations, the Independent Footwear Retailers Association and the Children's Foot Health Register.BFA chief executive, Niall Campbell, said: "It is great for the UK footwear industry to present such a positive image to the world. The new site is graphically richer and will prove much more helpful for a wide community of users. This will help BFA to use its knowledge of the industry to build up a future portfolio of Internet services to members. There are many new websites starting up that claim to be a portal for the footwear industry - what is unique about the BFA site is that it builds upon services we already offer, putting the horse before the cart.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016