UK: BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund shortlist revealed
Eight UK-based designers with potential for significant international growth have been shortlisted for funding to help make the transition to a global fashion brand.
The winner will be awarded GBP200,000 (US$313,000) and high-level mentoring support under the British Fashion Council/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund, an initiative which is now in its second year.
The shortlisted designers are Richard Nicoll, Jonathan Saunders, Christopher Kane, Charlotte Olympia, E Tautz, Nicholas Kirkwood, Osman and Peter Pilotto.
They have all been invited to present their collections and future plans to the judging panel chaired by Alexandra Shulman, editor of British Vogue, comprising industry experts and Fund sponsors.
The winner, who will be announced in the March issue of Vogue, will demonstrate a clear vision for their business and how the Fund will contribute to their growth and their infrastructure, with a focus on creating a strong international brand.
The Fund was launched by BFC chairman Harold Tillman in September 2008 as a legacy project for the BFC's 25th anniversary celebrations.
A showcase of suppliers and manufacturers from all over the world working to fair trade, ethical and organic standards is taking place in London this year, providing an alternative sourcing opportunit...
Tesco CEO Philip Clarke has set out his "new vision" for the UK's largest retailer, with its F&F clothing brand to play a central role. ...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack