UK: BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund shortlist revealed
Eight UK-based designers with potential for significant international growth have been shortlisted for funding to help make the transition to a global fashion brand.
The winner will be awarded GBP200,000 (US$313,000) and high-level mentoring support under the British Fashion Council/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund, an initiative which is now in its second year.
The shortlisted designers are Richard Nicoll, Jonathan Saunders, Christopher Kane, Charlotte Olympia, E Tautz, Nicholas Kirkwood, Osman and Peter Pilotto.
They have all been invited to present their collections and future plans to the judging panel chaired by Alexandra Shulman, editor of British Vogue, comprising industry experts and Fund sponsors.
The winner, who will be announced in the March issue of Vogue, will demonstrate a clear vision for their business and how the Fund will contribute to their growth and their infrastructure, with a focus on creating a strong international brand.
The Fund was launched by BFC chairman Harold Tillman in September 2008 as a legacy project for the BFC's 25th anniversary celebrations.
A showcase of suppliers and manufacturers from all over the world working to fair trade, ethical and organic standards is taking place in London this year, providing an alternative sourcing opportunit...
Tesco CEO Philip Clarke has set out his "new vision" for the UK's largest retailer, with its F&F clothing brand to play a central role. ...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields