UK: BFC/Vogue Fashion Fund shortlist revealed
Eight UK-based designers with potential for significant international growth have been shortlisted for funding to help make the transition to a global fashion brand.
The winner will be awarded GBP200,000 (US$313,000) and high-level mentoring support under the British Fashion Council/Vogue Designer Fashion Fund, an initiative which is now in its second year.
The shortlisted designers are Richard Nicoll, Jonathan Saunders, Christopher Kane, Charlotte Olympia, E Tautz, Nicholas Kirkwood, Osman and Peter Pilotto.
They have all been invited to present their collections and future plans to the judging panel chaired by Alexandra Shulman, editor of British Vogue, comprising industry experts and Fund sponsors.
The winner, who will be announced in the March issue of Vogue, will demonstrate a clear vision for their business and how the Fund will contribute to their growth and their infrastructure, with a focus on creating a strong international brand.
The Fund was launched by BFC chairman Harold Tillman in September 2008 as a legacy project for the BFC's 25th anniversary celebrations.
A showcase of suppliers and manufacturers from all over the world working to fair trade, ethical and organic standards is taking place in London this year, providing an alternative sourcing opportunit...
Tesco CEO Philip Clarke has set out his "new vision" for the UK's largest retailer, with its F&F clothing brand to play a central role. ...
Taking a look at the week ahead for the footwear and apparel industry, here is a snapshot of just-style's latest news and insights agenda. ...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019