BANGLADESH: BGMEA moves Batexpo fair to Paris
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) is to hold Batexpo in Paris this year, the first time its three-day fair will be held outside of Bangladesh.
The event will take place from 16-18 September, showcasing Bangladeshi apparel products to European buyers.
The show is expected to see participation from 75 BGMEA members and 25 non-BGMEA members.
A seminar focusing on the prospects of Bangladesh's apparel industry is also expected to be organised on the sidelines of the event.
The annual Batexpo show is organised as part of BGMEA's promotional activities to expand its export destinations.
Dhaka think-tank the Policy Research Institute of Bangladesh, predicts the annual value of Bangladesh's garment exports will top US$30bn in the next two years.
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Cambodia employers and unions unhappy at wage rise
- Uzbekistan forces more adults into cotton harvest
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Coats launches new services business in Vietnam
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP