BANGLADESH: BGMEA moves Batexpo fair to Paris
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) is to hold Batexpo in Paris this year, the first time its three-day fair will be held outside of Bangladesh.
The event will take place from 16-18 September, showcasing Bangladeshi apparel products to European buyers.
The show is expected to see participation from 75 BGMEA members and 25 non-BGMEA members.
A seminar focusing on the prospects of Bangladesh's apparel industry is also expected to be organised on the sidelines of the event.
The annual Batexpo show is organised as part of BGMEA's promotional activities to expand its export destinations.
Dhaka think-tank the Policy Research Institute of Bangladesh, predicts the annual value of Bangladesh's garment exports will top US$30bn in the next two years.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief – Guess, Burlington Stores, Sears
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production
- H&M, Inditex and Nike rated supply chain leaders