BANGLADESH: BGMEA moves Batexpo fair to Paris
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) is to hold Batexpo in Paris this year, the first time its three-day fair will be held outside of Bangladesh.
The event will take place from 16-18 September, showcasing Bangladeshi apparel products to European buyers.
The show is expected to see participation from 75 BGMEA members and 25 non-BGMEA members.
A seminar focusing on the prospects of Bangladesh's apparel industry is also expected to be organised on the sidelines of the event.
The annual Batexpo show is organised as part of BGMEA's promotional activities to expand its export destinations.
Dhaka think-tank the Policy Research Institute of Bangladesh, predicts the annual value of Bangladesh's garment exports will top US$30bn in the next two years.
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Rana Plaza fund call grows as anniversary nears
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019