BANGLADESH: BGMEA moves Batexpo fair to Paris
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) is to hold Batexpo in Paris this year, the first time its three-day fair will be held outside of Bangladesh.
The event will take place from 16-18 September, showcasing Bangladeshi apparel products to European buyers.
The show is expected to see participation from 75 BGMEA members and 25 non-BGMEA members.
A seminar focusing on the prospects of Bangladesh's apparel industry is also expected to be organised on the sidelines of the event.
The annual Batexpo show is organised as part of BGMEA's promotional activities to expand its export destinations.
Dhaka think-tank the Policy Research Institute of Bangladesh, predicts the annual value of Bangladesh's garment exports will top US$30bn in the next two years.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Supply chain improvements to save Billabong $30m
- Nicaragua apparel and shoe firms to double in size
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- H&M scaling up living wage effort to key suppliers
- Myanmar approves first minimum wage
- US Q2 in brief: Genesco, Oxford, Sears Canada
- EU clothing buyers should brace for higher prices
- PVH “well-positioned” in China despite headwinds
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global Sports Footwear Market 2015-2019