BANGLADESH: BGMEA moves Batexpo fair to Paris
The Bangladesh Garment Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BGMEA) is to hold Batexpo in Paris this year, the first time its three-day fair will be held outside of Bangladesh.
The event will take place from 16-18 September, showcasing Bangladeshi apparel products to European buyers.
The show is expected to see participation from 75 BGMEA members and 25 non-BGMEA members.
A seminar focusing on the prospects of Bangladesh's apparel industry is also expected to be organised on the sidelines of the event.
The annual Batexpo show is organised as part of BGMEA's promotional activities to expand its export destinations.
Dhaka think-tank the Policy Research Institute of Bangladesh, predicts the annual value of Bangladesh's garment exports will top US$30bn in the next two years.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Better factory conditions boost the bottom line
- Is there more to Primark's woes than the weather?
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- Fashion meets function with end-to-end solutions
- Vietnam garment exports slow as orders stall
- Nike digital direction pushes speed and innovation
- H&M living wage commitments criticised in Cambodia
- Vietnam's Vinatex opens $5.7m garment factory
- Natural plant dyed eco-friendly cellulosic yarns