INDIA: Bharti Retail appoints Wal-Mart exec Jain as CEO
Bharti Retail has appointed the former head of Wal-Mart India, Raj Jain, as its CEO.
Jain has taken up the role with immediate effect, reporting to Rajan Bharti Mittal, vice chairman and managing director of parent company Bharti Enterprises.
The retailer has also appointed Pankaj Madan as CFO. The executive was suspended from Bharti Wal-Mart in 2012 in the wake of investigations of corruption allegations by Wal-Mart.
Bharti Enterprises and Wal-Mart parted ways to in October last year to operate retail stores independently in India, ending speculation over the future of their six-year partnership.
Commenting on the appointments, Mittal said: "Bharti is committed to building a world-class retail venture and we are delighted to have Raj and Pankaj on board. I am confident that their rich experience and insights into the retail business will add immense value to company's growth plans. I wish them the very best in their new roles and look forward to working with them."
Prior to this appointment, Jain was an advisor to Bharti Enterprises and also held the position of managing director and CEO of Bharti Wal-Mart for over six years.
Bharti Retail currently operates 212 stores in neighbourhood and compact hypermarket formats.
Project Synopsis: MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity unde...
Food and drink internet retailing posted outstanding growth in 2012 and 2013. Working females in urban centres with a busy lifestyle find it convenient and time saving to purchase groceries online. It...
Global Online Retail industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descrip...
Online Retail in the United States industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also co...
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019