INDIA: Bhartiya International deploys ERP solution
Indian leather goods maker Bhartiya International has implemented the WFX Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to help enhance its global manufacturing operations.
The cloud-based tool will manage Bhartiya's entire end-to-end business functions from product development, budgets, material planning, capacity management, merchandising, sourcing, production, quality control, sub-contracting, logistics and financial accounting.
In particular, it will integrate information and processes between design and merchandising studios in Milan with Bhartiya's manufacturing facilities in India, China, Bangladesh and Italy.
With an annual capacity of 500,000 leather garments, Bhartiya exports its products to fashion brands in Europe and North America.
"A global ERP solution has been a key strategic initiative to take our business to the next level," said Bhartiya International CFO Manoj Khattar.
"Though we are a large publicly-listed entity, our business demands that we move with the speed of a small company."
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Brexit Trade Focus – How a CANZ-UK FTA stacks up
- Sir Philip Green blamed for the collapse of BHS
- Will Brexit trigger rise in UK manufacturing?
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Target hires Apple exec for global sourcing post
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape