INDIA: Bhartiya International deploys ERP solution
Indian leather goods maker Bhartiya International has implemented the WFX Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to help enhance its global manufacturing operations.
The cloud-based tool will manage Bhartiya's entire end-to-end business functions from product development, budgets, material planning, capacity management, merchandising, sourcing, production, quality control, sub-contracting, logistics and financial accounting.
In particular, it will integrate information and processes between design and merchandising studios in Milan with Bhartiya's manufacturing facilities in India, China, Bangladesh and Italy.
With an annual capacity of 500,000 leather garments, Bhartiya exports its products to fashion brands in Europe and North America.
"A global ERP solution has been a key strategic initiative to take our business to the next level," said Bhartiya International CFO Manoj Khattar.
"Though we are a large publicly-listed entity, our business demands that we move with the speed of a small company."
- 2014: Year in review - Sourcing winners and losers
- Bangladesh: Raising the bar on apparel exports?
- 2014: Year in review - Brand winners and losers
- 2014: Year in review - Retail winners and losers
- Bangladesh: The business benefits of compliance
- Report urges overhaul of Cambodia factory safety
- Bangladesh factory improvements “will take years”
- Bangladesh knitting worker killed by faulty lift
- Tommy Hilfiger launches solar-powered jacket
- North Face debuts locally-grown "backyard" hoodie