INDIA: Bhartiya International deploys ERP solution
Indian leather goods maker Bhartiya International has implemented the WFX Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to help enhance its global manufacturing operations.
The cloud-based tool will manage Bhartiya's entire end-to-end business functions from product development, budgets, material planning, capacity management, merchandising, sourcing, production, quality control, sub-contracting, logistics and financial accounting.
In particular, it will integrate information and processes between design and merchandising studios in Milan with Bhartiya's manufacturing facilities in India, China, Bangladesh and Italy.
With an annual capacity of 500,000 leather garments, Bhartiya exports its products to fashion brands in Europe and North America.
"A global ERP solution has been a key strategic initiative to take our business to the next level," said Bhartiya International CFO Manoj Khattar.
"Though we are a large publicly-listed entity, our business demands that we move with the speed of a small company."
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- New Gap CEO set to tackle “aesthetic issue”
- Falling euro adds to Bangladesh production woes
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- M&S Asia head quits as China stores to close
- Abercrombie & Fitch reports “dismal” FY
- Gap names new design head amid mixed Q4
- Pay rise mulled for Sri Lanka garment workers
- US labour concerns at Honduras apparel makers
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019