INDIA: Bhartiya International deploys ERP solution
Indian leather goods maker Bhartiya International has implemented the WFX Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to help enhance its global manufacturing operations.
The cloud-based tool will manage Bhartiya's entire end-to-end business functions from product development, budgets, material planning, capacity management, merchandising, sourcing, production, quality control, sub-contracting, logistics and financial accounting.
In particular, it will integrate information and processes between design and merchandising studios in Milan with Bhartiya's manufacturing facilities in India, China, Bangladesh and Italy.
With an annual capacity of 500,000 leather garments, Bhartiya exports its products to fashion brands in Europe and North America.
"A global ERP solution has been a key strategic initiative to take our business to the next level," said Bhartiya International CFO Manoj Khattar.
"Though we are a large publicly-listed entity, our business demands that we move with the speed of a small company."
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras