INDIA: Bhartiya International deploys ERP solution
Indian leather goods maker Bhartiya International has implemented the WFX Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software to help enhance its global manufacturing operations.
The cloud-based tool will manage Bhartiya's entire end-to-end business functions from product development, budgets, material planning, capacity management, merchandising, sourcing, production, quality control, sub-contracting, logistics and financial accounting.
In particular, it will integrate information and processes between design and merchandising studios in Milan with Bhartiya's manufacturing facilities in India, China, Bangladesh and Italy.
With an annual capacity of 500,000 leather garments, Bhartiya exports its products to fashion brands in Europe and North America.
"A global ERP solution has been a key strategic initiative to take our business to the next level," said Bhartiya International CFO Manoj Khattar.
"Though we are a large publicly-listed entity, our business demands that we move with the speed of a small company."
- Why have US FTA imports fallen to a record low?
- Collaboration key to the future of smart textiles
- Synergies Worldwide CEO unravels sourcing shifts
- First figures show Bangladesh exports climb
- Rana Plaza three years on – Timeline of change
- Hanesbrands to buy Pacific Brands for $800m
- Retailer Austin Reed goes into administration
- C&A selects PLM to boost product development
- BHS receives "expressions of interest"
- Timberland sets new eco-preferred standards