UK: Bhs Chief Takes Job At New Look
New Look Group, the specialist womenswear retailer, has appointed Philip Wrigley as managing director, operations for the board. He will take up his position at the end of September.Reporting to group chief executive, Stephen Sunnucks, Mr Wrigley will be responsible for all of New Look's retail operations, logistics, human resources and marketing. Mr Wrigley's appointment to the main board replaces thee xecutive position arising from Stephen's promotion to chief executive.With over eighteen years in retailing, Philip, aged 47, joins New Look from Bhs where, upon joining he was operations director, becoming its buying and merchandising director in November 1999 responsible for the trading strategy of the company. He joined Bhs from Dorothy Perkins where he was retail operations director with responsibility for all retail activity including store operations, visual merchandising and logistics. Between 1989 and 1993 he was finance director of Debenhams.Commenting on his appointment, Stephen Sunnucks, chief executive of New Look, said: "I am delighted to welcome Philip to New Look. He brings a wealth of fashion retailing expertise and knowledge to New Look."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack