UK: Bhs Chief Takes Job At New Look
New Look Group, the specialist womenswear retailer, has appointed Philip Wrigley as managing director, operations for the board. He will take up his position at the end of September.Reporting to group chief executive, Stephen Sunnucks, Mr Wrigley will be responsible for all of New Look's retail operations, logistics, human resources and marketing. Mr Wrigley's appointment to the main board replaces thee xecutive position arising from Stephen's promotion to chief executive.With over eighteen years in retailing, Philip, aged 47, joins New Look from Bhs where, upon joining he was operations director, becoming its buying and merchandising director in November 1999 responsible for the trading strategy of the company. He joined Bhs from Dorothy Perkins where he was retail operations director with responsibility for all retail activity including store operations, visual merchandising and logistics. Between 1989 and 1993 he was finance director of Debenhams.Commenting on his appointment, Stephen Sunnucks, chief executive of New Look, said: "I am delighted to welcome Philip to New Look. He brings a wealth of fashion retailing expertise and knowledge to New Look."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar