UK: Bhs On Target To Eclipse £60 Million Pre-Tax Profit Goal
Leading British high street department store chain Bhs is on target for profits of up to £100 million following its purchase by entrepreneur Phillip Green last year. When Green bought the chain from Terence Conran's Storehouse Group for £219m 18 months ago it was reporting losses of £16m. However, its rapid recovery could now lead to a stock market flotation, with Bhs being valued at up to £1 billion.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores