US: Biannual review of Vietnam imports now underway
The first full six months of import data covering shipments from Vietnam to the US in 22 apparel categories is now being analysed by the Department of Commerce as part of its Vietnam Textile and Apparel Import Monitoring Program.
The biannual review, which covers five broad groups of products made in Vietnam - shirts, trousers, sweaters, underwear and swimwear - is part of an ongoing process to decide whether possible dumping has taken place.
Monitoring began in mid-January 2007, upon Vietnam's accession to the WTO. As part of the program, the Department is evaluating imports of these products every six months until 19 January 2009.
Data from the start of the program through July has now been posted on the OTEXA website: Trade Statistics: Vietnam Apparel Import Monitoring Program.
The Office of Textiles expects that the review will take several weeks to complete.
The UK footwear market is showing signs of a slow-down, recently illustrated by shoe chains Dolcis and Stead & Simpson being forced into administration. Both have since been acquired by other retailer...
Are new EU curbs likely on Chinese apparel imports? Will Vietnam import monitoring lead to anti-dumping duties? And what will happen when US safeguards expire at the end of 2008? These are just three ...
What is likely to happen when restrictions on imports of Chinese textile and apparel products into the US expire on 31 December 2008? Action to seek new restraints is a near certainty - as the Nationa...
Tough lobbying by European Union (EU) member states wanting to staunch imports of cheap clothing, textiles and shoes into Europe has prevented the European Commission from reforming EU anti-dumping ru...
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack