VIETNAM: BIDV signs $600m Vinatex finance deal
The Bank for Investment and Development of Vietnam (BIDV) has signed a US$600m finance agreement with the Vietnam Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex).
According to Vinatex's website, the deal includes a $250m short-term loan and a $350m long-term loan for 2014-2016.
It is expected to help Vinatex expand its production and business operations to take advantage of the expected benefits of the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade treaty with countries including Canada and the US.
Vinatex said it may also look to invest in a textile mill, as well as between eight and ten garment factories, and a proposed supermarket chain in Quy Nhon and towns in the Binh Dinh province.
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) has extended the date for its initial public offering by two months to give investors more time to evaluate the firm's performance....
Vietnam has become the second largest source of foreign textiles and clothing in the US market and has established a strong presence in the Japanese and European markets, especially for clothing. Also...
The Vietnam National Textile and Garment Group (Vinatex) is hoping a planned initial public offering will help boost earnings and allow it to invest further in the business....
Apparel specialist retailers witnessed a current value decline of 6% from 2011 to reach sales of below VND23 trillion in 2012. Decline was due to the economic slowdown. In 2012, the Vietnamese economy...
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Fung Capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report