USA: Bigwords Recruits General Merchandise Manager
Bigwords, a leading lifestyle brand and online destination for the 18-to 24-year-old college audience, today announced that Melvin Murry has joined the company as general merchandise manager. As general merchandise manager, Murry is responsible for overseeing lifestyle merchandising for Bigwords, setting the direction and style for the Gear business, specifically men's and women's apparel, shoes and accessories. Murry joins Bigwords from Urban Outfitters, where he was the divisional merchandise manager for men's apparel, men's accessories and Urban Renewal, the second-hand clothes segment of the business. Murry also held the position of manager of planning and distribution at Urban Outfitters. Prior to that, Murry spent five years as the retail operations manager a national retail chain in Melbourne, Australia. Murry has an MBA from the University of Virginia. "We are excited to welcome Melvin Murry to Bigwords," said Matt Johnson, CEO. "The combination of his fashion and merchandising expertise and the strength of our on-campus marketing network insures that Bigwords will remain on the cutting edge of trends and styles for our audience." Earlier this month, Bigwords announced an additional $30 million in financing from new investors NBC, WPP Group Plc and GE Financial Assurance as well as previous investors 21st Century Internet Venture Partners, GeoCapital Partners, Media Technology Ventures Ltd, Attractor Investor Management, Trans Cosmos USA, Inc and St Paul Venture Capital.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Apparel brands "ignoring" refugee abuse in Turkey
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020