US: Bill Blass readies for relaunch under COO Goldblatt
American brand Bill Blass is readying for a relaunch as a global lifestyle brand Bill Blass under the leadership of its newly-named president and chief operating officer, Stuart Goldblatt.
The label closed its women's wear line two years ago, and has been working to simplify its legacy licenses and to take control of its intellectual property and trademarks globally.
Merchandising executive Goldblatt, who until March this year was executive vice president of merchandising for private brands at Macy's Merchandising Group, has been tasked to reinvent the Bill Blass brand for a new generation of global consumers.
The Group plans to begin by launching selective collections of women's and men's apparel in time for spring 2016, before expanding into other product categories.
"Everyone at Bill Blass Group is passionate about infusing new vitality into one of the greatest fashion brands in history. I have received tremendous support from the company's board, which is committing to investing in our future and creating the foundation for a vibrant global lifestyle brand," Goldblatt said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Technology key to shopper experience
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022