US: Bill Blass readies for relaunch under COO Goldblatt
American brand Bill Blass is readying for a relaunch as a global lifestyle brand Bill Blass under the leadership of its newly-named president and chief operating officer, Stuart Goldblatt.
The label closed its women's wear line two years ago, and has been working to simplify its legacy licenses and to take control of its intellectual property and trademarks globally.
Merchandising executive Goldblatt, who until March this year was executive vice president of merchandising for private brands at Macy's Merchandising Group, has been tasked to reinvent the Bill Blass brand for a new generation of global consumers.
The Group plans to begin by launching selective collections of women's and men's apparel in time for spring 2016, before expanding into other product categories.
"Everyone at Bill Blass Group is passionate about infusing new vitality into one of the greatest fashion brands in history. I have received tremendous support from the company's board, which is committing to investing in our future and creating the foundation for a vibrant global lifestyle brand," Goldblatt said.
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Guess four-point plan to drive profit in Americas
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack