Bill Blass taps Benz as creative director
Bill Blass has appointed Chris Benz as its creative director as the US fashion business prepares to relaunch as a global lifestyle brand.
The appointment is the company's first under new president and COO Stuart Goldblatt. In this role, Benz will be responsible for the overall creative direction of Bill Blass.
Goldblatt said Benz will "lead the brand into its next phase as we look to build on the significant heritage and influence Bill Blass brought to the industry".
The label closed its women's wear line two years ago, and has been working to simplify its legacy licenses and to take control of its intellectual property and trademarks globally.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Online fashion group Shop Direct has recorded its third consecutive year of "record" profits as it heads into a new fiscal as a pureplay retailer now focused on digital....
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing