US: Bill May joins Payless ShoeSource as COO
Bill May has been appointed to the new post of executive vice president and chief operating officer of Payless ShoeSource, effective 23 April.
May will report to Matt Rubel, president and chief executive officer of the Topeka, Kansas-based chain of 4,572 footwear stores.
For the last three years, May has been executive VP and COO of Tween Brands. In 2002 and 2003, he was senior VP of operations at Fleming Companies and president and CEO of the Fleming's Wholesale Grocery division.
He has also served in operational roles at Gap, Spartan Stores, Nash Finch and General Motors, among other firms.
"Bill has a rich history and strong expertise in operational leadership at large, retail-oriented enterprises, and specifically in vertically integrated, specialty retail operations, having served most recently at Tween Brands," said Rubel. "We look forward to Bill joining our executive team in this important new role.
"He will lead our finance, IT and real estate to full integrate them into our strategy and create high-performing platforms of expertise," the CEO concluded.
Continuing to report to Rubel will be global sourcing and supply chain, merchandising, marketing, retail operations, law and human resources.
By Arnold J Karr.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Collective Brands Inc yesterday (28 September) told analysts and investors at a meeting in New York that its Stride Rite children's footwear unit is unlikely to add to earnings in 2008 due to the impa...
Footwear retailer Payless ShoeSource has hired Scott Ramsland as senior vice president and international general merchandising manager, leading the team responsible for product direction and overall m...
Payless ShoeSource has rounded out its recently formed New York design team with three new hires to help develop original designs for the footwear retailer's seasonal collections....
Collective Brands Inc, the holding company of Payless ShoeSource, Stride Rite and Collective Licensing International, has promoted Darrel Pavelka to the position of executive vice president, global su...
Collective Brands Inc has hired Douglas Treff as executive vice president and chief administrative officer for Collective Brands and its Payless ShoeSource unit....
Lower sales and costs associated with its $900m acquisition of The Stride Rite Corp have pushed Collective Brands, formerly Payless ShoeSource, to a 23% drop in second quarter profit....
Tween Brands Inc on Wednesday (22 August) posted a 64% slump in second quarter profit, aggravated by later back-to-school start dates and lower same-store sales, and revised its outlook for the rest o...
Payless ShoeSource has completed its acquisition of The Stride Rite Corporation and has officially changed its name to Collective Brands Inc....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar