AUSTRALIA: Billabong appoints Inman as consultant
Australian surf wear brand Billabong has appointed former Target managing director Launa Inman as as a retail advisor.
The company said she will review the group's retail strategy and operational retail execution and provide direct feedback to the board.
"Launa's retail experience, particularly in the apparel sector both within Australia and offshore, made her ideal for the role," said Billabong chairman Ted Kunkel.
Launa has 32 years of experience in the retail sector and was the managing director of Target Australia from 2005-2011. Previously, she was managing director of stationery retailer Officeworks.
Inman is also a non-executive director of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, a member of the World Retail Congress Advisory Board, a board member of Melbourne Fashion Week and a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
The company also appointed Sally Pitkin as non-executive director. She is currently non-executive director of Super Retail, defence force contractor ASC, the Committee for Economic Development of Australia and the Export Finance and Insurance Corporation and a Councillor of the Australian Institute of Company Directors.
Kunkel said that Pitkin brings strong legal, governance and broad corporate and commercial experience to the company's board.
just-style interviewed Inman last year. To read the interview, click here.
Featured reports from just-style's research store this week include the prospects for India's texile and clothing industry, a look at footwear in Malaysia and SWOT analyses on Billabong and Gap Inc....
Billabong has agreed to open its books to private equity firm TPG Capital, but said it does not believe the AU$694m bid reflects the "fundamental value" of the Australian surfwear brand. ...
Billabong has received a second offer from private equity firm TPG Capital at a much lower price than previously offered for the Australian surfwear brand. ...
Sporting goods giant Nike is rumoured to be a potential buyer of Australian surfwear brand Billabong....
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- MYANMAR SNAPSHOT: Textile and apparel industry
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices
- UN rights expert urges further Cambodia reforms
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. : Reacting to a need for change
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies