AUSTRALIA: Billabong CFO White resigns
White will be replaced on an interim basis by Peter Bryant, the CFO of the company's Americas business
Craig White, chief financial officer of Billabong, has resigned from the Australian surfwear brand as it mulls a AUD524m (US$549.8m) takeover bid.
White, who has been at Billabong for seven years, will be replaced on an interim basis by Peter Bryant, the CFO of the company's Americas business. An international search is underway for a permanent replacement.
The resignation comes a day after Billabong saw its shares fall 13.3% after it issued another profit warning.
The Gold Coast-based company lowered its full-year forecast for earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) to range from AUD85-92m in constant currency terms. This compares to earlier guidance of AUD100-110m, up on the AUD84m Billabong booked in 2012.
The surfwear brand said it will shortly implement a new organisational and reporting structure as part of its reorganisation plan.
Billabong is also considering a AUD524m buyout bid from board director Paul Naude, the former head of Billabong's Americas business, who is teaming up with New York-based private equity firm Sycamore Partners.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has said takeover talks with two potential suitors have collapsed, as it lowered its full year profit forecast. ...
Menswear in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descri...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong is reportedly looking to sell its Canadian business as speculation mounts that a full takeover of the company is unilkely to proceed....
Apparel Retail in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains ...
Kering-owned skatewear brand Volcom has appointed former Billabong executive Mandy Fry to the newly-created position as vice president of its women's division....
Womenswear in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains desc...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has requested a voluntary suspension of trading in its shares so it can progress takeover discussions with interested parties....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Tesco takes second stab at US market with F&F
- Tesco FY results: What the analysts say
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- Bangladesh clothing exports to Japan to hit $1bn
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects