AUSTRALIA: Billabong expands men's team
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed Mark Weber as vice president of men's global merchandising and design.
Weber most recently served as president at eyewear company Raen Optics. Prior to this, he held various roles at Hurley in sales, global brand marketing, global commerce and global merchandising.
He will join Billabong on 17 March based in California, and report to global Billabong brand president, Shannan North.
CEO Neil Fiske said the appointment "further strengthens our global brand Billabong team".
Last month, Billabong reported its fourth consecutive half-yearly loss, hurt by reconstruction costs and weakness in its international operations.
A month earlier, the company, which has been mired in uncertainty for over a year revealed it would consider selling its e-commerce businesses.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong is positioning its supply chain on the GT Nexus' cloud-based platform to support the transformation of its wholesale and retail businesses....
- Under Armour on track with new UAS sportswear line
- Myanmar garment exports surged 20% in 2015
- EU trade ministers push on TTIP and Canada pacts
- Unravelling cotton's supply and demand challenges
- What does the future hold for world wool supply?
- US retailers urge action on Hanjin Shipping crisis
- Zara launches eco-friendly Join Life collection
- Adidas unveils first Speedfactory running shoe
- Bangladesh calls for US duty-free apparel access
- Ascena Retail disappoints amid challenging year
- Too Many Standards
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Ralph Lauren Corporation : Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras