AUSTRALIA: Billabong halts trading as share price plummets
Australian surfwear brand Billabong halted trading in its shares today (21 March) after its share price plummeted 14.2% on concerns about a potential takeover offer expected next week.
The company's share price last traded at AUD0.695 before being placed at a trading halt at the request of the company, pending the result of an investigation.
The company has been in talks with two takeover suitors - VF Corp and private equity firm Altamont Capital Partners, as well as North American division boss Paul Naude and Sycamore Partners. Due diligence was expected to be completed by 28 March.
The two companies have made bids of AUD1.10 per share each, which value the company at AUD524m.
Billabong moved to reassure the market, saying that the process for the change of control proposals previously announced is ongoing and that both of the consortia who have submitted indicative proposals remain in the process.
The brand has had a difficult 2012, after rejecting an AUD3.30 per share bid by TPG Capital in February as too low subsequent bids of AUD1.45 from TPG and Bain Capital were withdrawn after due diligence.
Water sports apparel: innovation keeps brands afloat
Water sports apparel is designed to keep the wearer warm while he or she participates in underwater and surface water sports and recreational activities -- such as diving, snorkelling, sailing and sur...read more
Billabong International Ltd anticipates that the current challenging trading conditions and difficult retail landscape in Australia will continue over the coming financial year. Despite reporting sale...
Troubled Australian surfwear brand Billabong is attempting to move beyond recent turbulence and onto its turnaround plans, but uncertainty still remains....
Menswear in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains descri...
Apparel Retail in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also contains ...
In an unexpected move, surf-led apparel business Billabong has secured a long-term funding package from a rival consortium of two private equity businesses and named the former boss of Eddie Bauer as ...
Cautious consumer spending continued to impact clothing accessories in Australia in 2012, with the category experiencing 1% retail value growth from a similar rate of volume growth. Volumes within the...
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Open markets key for US apparel workers
- AAFA urges Senate to modify Bangladesh provisions
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges