INDIA: Billabong inks distribution deal with Arvind
Arvind Lifestyle Brands will market Billabong's products in India
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has signed a distribution agreement with Arvind Lifestyle Brands, a subsidiary of Indian textile and apparel major Arvind Ltd.
Under the deal, Arvind will market Billabong's products through standalone stores and shop-in-shops in department and multi-brand stores.
Arvind said the move will enhance its strong position in the youth segment. In turn, Billabong said it will leverage Arvind's expertise to build its presence in this important emerging market.
"Arvind has licensing relationships with a number of international partners and has grown many international brands into market leaders in India," said Phil Nicole, general manager of Asia at Billabong. We are therefore convinced that we have found in Arvind a great partner for Billabong as we seek to further grow our Asian operations."
The apparel manufacturer and retailer said it aims to generate revenues of INR50bn (US$1.47bn) from its brands and retail businesses in the next five years.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has said takeover talks with two potential suitors have collapsed, as it lowered its full year profit forecast. ...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong is reportedly looking to sell its Canadian business as speculation mounts that a full takeover of the company is unilkely to proceed....
Kering-owned skatewear brand Volcom has appointed former Billabong executive Mandy Fry to the newly-created position as vice president of its women's division....
UK-based software provider DeSL is partnering with Swedish IT consultancy iStone as its Fashion PLM partner....
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has requested a voluntary suspension of trading in its shares so it can progress takeover discussions with interested parties....
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has placed its shares in another trading halt today (7 May) ahead of an update regarding the potential sale of the business....
Global brand management business Cherokee has reported a decline in its full-year and fourth-quarter net profit, as it was weighed down by higher costs including product development, professional fees...
Billabong has extended exclusive talks with Sycamore Partners and former Americas boss Paul Naude to consider the potential sale of the Australian surfwear brand. ...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024