AUSTRALIA: Billabong names Myers as CFO
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed Peter Myers as group chief financial officer, replacing Craig White who resigned last month.
The company said Myers has extensive experience working on a number of successful and complex transactions including IPOs, takeovers, refinancing and acquisitions.
He has also held various senior executive positions at media group APN News & Media and Network Ten.
"Peter has over 30 years experience and insight at both a corporate and an operational level," said Billabong CEO Launa Inman. "He understands the company's current position, has a deep understanding of working with a wider team in implementing transformational strategies and will make a valuable contribution."
The appointment comes after Billabong opened its books to a consortium comprising board director Paul Naude, the former head of Billabong's Americas business, who is teaming up with New York-based private equity firm Sycamore Partners.
They made an AUD524m (US$549.8m) takeover bid for the company at the end of last year.
Last month, the struggling brand lowered its full-year forecast for earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) to between AUD85m and AUD$92m.
Participants in Australian surfwear brand Billabong's AUD280m (US$255.3m) debt syndicate have reportedly exited their positions at a discount....
Ailing Australian surfwear brand Billabong today (25 June) confirmed that refinancing and asset sale discussions with former suitors Altamont Capital Partners and Sycamore Partners are "well advanced"...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has said takeover talks with two potential suitors have collapsed, as it lowered its full year profit forecast. ...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong is reportedly looking to sell its Canadian business as speculation mounts that a full takeover of the company is unilkely to proceed....
Kering-owned skatewear brand Volcom has appointed former Billabong executive Mandy Fry to the newly-created position as vice president of its women's division....
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has requested a voluntary suspension of trading in its shares so it can progress takeover discussions with interested parties....
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has placed its shares in another trading halt today (7 May) ahead of an update regarding the potential sale of the business....
Billabong has extended exclusive talks with Sycamore Partners and former Americas boss Paul Naude to consider the potential sale of the Australian surfwear brand. ...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- Asian union development and the Western response
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Eliminating risk tops sustainability agenda
- Metallised thread for "revolutionary" RFID tag
- US upgrade paves way for Malaysia in TPP
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects