AUSTRALIA: Billabong says takeover talks still ongoing
Australian surf and skatewear retailer Billabong International has released a statement saying that takeover talks are still ongoing with TPG Capital, after an Australian newspaper reported the private equity firm was considering pulling out.
"TPG has confirmed it has not withdrawn from the sale process," Billabong said in a statement, adding that as part of due diligence investigations, "TPG and its advisers have expressed concerns in relation to some issues."
The retailer again stressed "there is no guarantee that any transaction will eventuate out of the process."
Last month an unnamed party - rumoured to have been Bain Capital - withdrew from the sale process, leaving US-based TPG as the only firm still considering a possible takeover bid. It offered A$1.45 per share for the surfwear firm in July.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong halted trading in its shares today (21 March) after its share price plummeted 14.2% on concerns about a potential takeover offer expected next week. ...
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at how sourcing is going to be in 2013, a spotlight on why buyer interest in Billabong has not yet turned into a deal, and M&S extending it...
- Global supply chain trends at Sourcing at MAGIC
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- What's 3D-printing doing for apparel and footwear?
- Labelling – The importance of the fine print
- H&M takes action over Myanmar child labour breach
- Vietnam garment industry calls for strategy update
- US Q2 in brief - Express, The Buckle, Stein Mart
- Li & Fung joins FTA in sustainable sourcing pledge
- Nike and Apollo create supply chain partnership
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- THE GAP, INC.: Retailing - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis