AUSTRALIA: Billabong says takeover talks still ongoing
Australian surf and skatewear retailer Billabong International has released a statement saying that takeover talks are still ongoing with TPG Capital, after an Australian newspaper reported the private equity firm was considering pulling out.
"TPG has confirmed it has not withdrawn from the sale process," Billabong said in a statement, adding that as part of due diligence investigations, "TPG and its advisers have expressed concerns in relation to some issues."
The retailer again stressed "there is no guarantee that any transaction will eventuate out of the process."
Last month an unnamed party - rumoured to have been Bain Capital - withdrew from the sale process, leaving US-based TPG as the only firm still considering a possible takeover bid. It offered A$1.45 per share for the surfwear firm in July.
Australian surfwear brand Billabong halted trading in its shares today (21 March) after its share price plummeted 14.2% on concerns about a potential takeover offer expected next week. ...
The most read stories on just-style this week include a look at how sourcing is going to be in 2013, a spotlight on why buyer interest in Billabong has not yet turned into a deal, and M&S extending it...
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- Where next for Walmart's 3D apparel design pilot?
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- EU and US dispute China raw materials duties
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis