AUSTRALIA: Billabong shares plunge after rights issue
Shares in Billabong nearly halved in trading today (25 June) as the market reacted to another profit warning on Friday and news that the surfwear retailer intends to raise AU$225m (US$228m) by selling new shares at a discounted price.
Shares fell 47% to close at AUD0.96 on the Australian Securities Exchange.
Last week, the firm said the proceeds of the share offer will be used to pay off debt and reduce overall leverage. It also cut its full-year earnings forecast to a range of $130-135m, down from earlier guidance of $157m.
In February, Billabong rejected an offer from private equity firm TPG Capital which valued the company at around AUD841.8m, or $3.30 after major shareholder and founder Gordon Merchant said he would not support a bid that valued the company at less than AUD4.00 a share.
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Sports and Fitness Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Sports Apparel, and Fitness Clothing. The report provides separate comprehe...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong today (19 December) confirmed details of a AUD524m buyout bid - but shares fell 13.3% after the company issued another profit warning....
Private equity firm TPG Capital has withdrawn its bid for Australian surfwear brand Billabong. ...
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed Ian Pollard as a director and chairman elect of its board. ...
Australian surf and skatewear retailer Billabong International has released a statement saying that takeover talks are still ongoing with TPG Capital, after an Australian newspaper reported the privat...
- Garment manufacturers eye Myanmar outsourcing
- PSF 2014: Shifting focus from cost to consumer
- PSF 2014: No one size fits all in apparel sourcing
- Mexico's shoe makers blame their woes on China
- SuperGroup realigns supply chain to support growth
- Adidas China supplier in discussions over strike
- Bangladesh PM asks clothing buyers to pay more
- Jones CEO to depart as Sycamore splits business
- Workers strike at Adidas supplier shoe factory
- City sees "no quick fix" for Debenhams
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Antimicrobial fibres, fabrics and apparel: innovative weapons against infection
- Trade and trade policy: clothing imports, consumer expenditure and trends in five emerging markets: Brazil, Colombia, India, Kazakhstan and Peru, 4th quarter 2013
- Jeans in Italy
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects