AUSTRALIA: Billabong Six-Month Profit Up 12.3%
The Australian company also reported a 5.9 per cent year-on-year rise in revenue to AU$307.05m for the six-month period, which ended on December 31, 2003.
According to the company, revenue growth was recorded in all major international territories during the half, despite being negatively impacted by the stronger Australian dollar against the US dollar and the euro.
Best performing international markets for Billabong over the six months were the United States, which posted revenue growth of 27 per cent year-on-year, and Brazil, which reported revenue growth of more than 50 per cent year-on-year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- US Q4 in brief – VF Corp, Kate Spade, Rocky Brands
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar