AUSTRALIA: Billabong taps Branch to head women's division
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed industry executive Susan Branch to the newly-created role of global general manager for Billabong women's.
Branch, who has more than 20 years of experience managing global apparel and footwear businesses, will take up her new position this month.
"Consistent with the strategic direction laid out at our recent annual general meeting, we're focusing on our big brands," said Billabong CEO Neil Fiske.
"We see tremendous growth opportunity for Billabong women's, which is why we've specifically created this role to give it a dedicated focus."
Branch has held various senior positions in the action sports industry, having most recently served as senior vice president and global head of product for Roxy/Quiksilver.
She will report to a global president for the Billabong brand - a newly-created role - who has not yet been named. In addition, Ed Leasure and Jean-Louis Rodrigues have been named heads of the America's and Europe respectively.
Billabong, which is in the midst of a turnaround, has been mired in uncertainty and under-performance for more than a year, posting full-year losses of AUD859.8m (US$784m) last August and cutting the value of its surfwear brand to zero.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Quiksilver, Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerin...
Billabong International Ltd. - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and ......
Billabong International Limited (BBG) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been c...
Surf-led fashion business Quiksilver has completed the sale of its majority stake in Surfdome to Australia's SurfStitch Group....
Billabong International Ltd anticipates that the current challenging trading conditions and difficult retail landscape in Australia will continue over the coming financial year. Despite reporting sale...
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- Who has signed the Bangladesh safety accord?
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead