AUSTRALIA: Billabong taps Branch to head women's division
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed industry executive Susan Branch to the newly-created role of global general manager for Billabong women's.
Branch, who has more than 20 years of experience managing global apparel and footwear businesses, will take up her new position this month.
"Consistent with the strategic direction laid out at our recent annual general meeting, we're focusing on our big brands," said Billabong CEO Neil Fiske.
"We see tremendous growth opportunity for Billabong women's, which is why we've specifically created this role to give it a dedicated focus."
Branch has held various senior positions in the action sports industry, having most recently served as senior vice president and global head of product for Roxy/Quiksilver.
She will report to a global president for the Billabong brand - a newly-created role - who has not yet been named. In addition, Ed Leasure and Jean-Louis Rodrigues have been named heads of the America's and Europe respectively.
Billabong, which is in the midst of a turnaround, has been mired in uncertainty and under-performance for more than a year, posting full-year losses of AUD859.8m (US$784m) last August and cutting the value of its surfwear brand to zero.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Introduction Womenswear in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The pr......
Introduction Menswear in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The prof......
Apparel Retail in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile als...
Surf-led fashion business Quiksilver has completed the sale of its majority stake in Surfdome to Australia's SurfStitch Group....
Apparel Retail in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile a...
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015