AUSTRALIA: Billabong taps Branch to head women's division
Australian surfwear brand Billabong has appointed industry executive Susan Branch to the newly-created role of global general manager for Billabong women's.
Branch, who has more than 20 years of experience managing global apparel and footwear businesses, will take up her new position this month.
"Consistent with the strategic direction laid out at our recent annual general meeting, we're focusing on our big brands," said Billabong CEO Neil Fiske.
"We see tremendous growth opportunity for Billabong women's, which is why we've specifically created this role to give it a dedicated focus."
Branch has held various senior positions in the action sports industry, having most recently served as senior vice president and global head of product for Roxy/Quiksilver.
She will report to a global president for the Billabong brand - a newly-created role - who has not yet been named. In addition, Ed Leasure and Jean-Louis Rodrigues have been named heads of the America's and Europe respectively.
Billabong, which is in the midst of a turnaround, has been mired in uncertainty and under-performance for more than a year, posting full-year losses of AUD859.8m (US$784m) last August and cutting the value of its surfwear brand to zero.
Apparel and textile companies seeking to make their supply chains more sustainable have increasing options to adopt 'greener' innovations - from developments in organic cotton to software monitoring t...
Apparel Retail in Australia industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile als...
Apparel Retail in New Zealand industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile a...
Surf-led fashion business Quiksilver has completed the sale of its majority stake in Surfdome to Australia's SurfStitch Group....
Surf-led fashion business Quiksilver is to sell its majority stake in online action sports goods retailer Surfdome to Australian rival SurfStitch Group....
- TPP tariff phase-out guides Vietnam sourcing plans
- How virtual garments could shape fashion retail
- How Central America garment sourcing measures up
- Why fast fashion isn't a case of one size fits all
- Alliance brands "staying the course" in Bangladesh
- Ethiopia opens flagship textile and apparel park
- VF confident on "solid" sustainability roadmap
- Inditex and Lenzing sign textile waste pact
- Bangladesh denied US GSP re-entry on worker rights
- VF Corp cuts guidance as Q2 profit plunges 70%
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: the EU - June 2016
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis