AUSTRALIA: Billabong to axe suppliers following H1 loss
Struggling Australian surfwear brand Billabong International has swung to a first-half loss after writing off the value of its brands - and says that from next month it intends to slash the number of apparel suppliers that it uses to less than one-fifth of the current total.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Slow fashion: a fast-growing opportunity?
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- Rethink needed as low-cost labour options dwindle
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- Gap unveils management changes as Q3 profit rises
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Long-running SL Garment dispute settled
- Puma commits to 100% PFC removal
- Tazreen Fashions compensation agreement outlined