AUSTRALIA: Billabong To Make A Splash In Brazil
Chief executive Matthew Perrin said GSM Brazil has taken over a previous licence in the South American country and also taken on the majority of the former licensee's employees.
He added that the Brazilian market could be larger for his company than the Japanese one by 2007, but added he expects to lose money on the Brazilian operation in the period to June 30 before posting a profit in 2003.
Billabong is currently pursuing a strategy of taking control of former licensed markets in order to have more control the direction and image of its brand in the international marketplace.
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack