INDIA : Birla Seeks Apparel Partner
Birla VXL, the textile company of SK Birla group, is searching for a strategic partner to lead it into the apparel business. The company's trousers unit at Faridabad, which has the capacity to produce 300,000 trousers, is currently underperforming, and Birla hopes to raise the unit's capacity to one million if it is successful in signing up an overseas apparel major. The company said that it has started talks with Japanese and American apparel companies. Birla is currently restructuring its operations and plans to create a silk-wool formals marketing subsidiary, focusing on fabric. It has already sold off its one-fourth share in a non-core business, VXL Landis @ GYR to Siemens.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack