INDIA: Birla VXL Shifts Focus To Marketing
Birla VXL Ltd, the flagship company of the S.K. Birla group, and a leading producer of woollen and blended fabrics, has shifted its focus from production to marketing the Hindu Business Line reported. "Earlier, the accent was more on production and less on marketing. The present thrust is entirely market-driven," said a company source. The shift in emphasis, also encompassing the thrust on the core business of manufacturing and marketing of fabrics and ready-to-wear garments, sources point out, is in line with the recommendations of Anderson Consulting, since renamed Accenture. The management is confident that the present policy will lead to higher sales and profitability, according to sources.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- North Face parka features synthetic spider silk
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack