INDIA: Birla VXL Shifts Focus To Marketing
Birla VXL Ltd, the flagship company of the S.K. Birla group, and a leading producer of woollen and blended fabrics, has shifted its focus from production to marketing the Hindu Business Line reported. "Earlier, the accent was more on production and less on marketing. The present thrust is entirely market-driven," said a company source. The shift in emphasis, also encompassing the thrust on the core business of manufacturing and marketing of fabrics and ready-to-wear garments, sources point out, is in line with the recommendations of Anderson Consulting, since renamed Accenture. The management is confident that the present policy will lead to higher sales and profitability, according to sources.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar