INDIA: Birla VXL Shifts Focus To Marketing
Birla VXL Ltd, the flagship company of the S.K. Birla group, and a leading producer of woollen and blended fabrics, has shifted its focus from production to marketing the Hindu Business Line reported. "Earlier, the accent was more on production and less on marketing. The present thrust is entirely market-driven," said a company source. The shift in emphasis, also encompassing the thrust on the core business of manufacturing and marketing of fabrics and ready-to-wear garments, sources point out, is in line with the recommendations of Anderson Consulting, since renamed Accenture. The management is confident that the present policy will lead to higher sales and profitability, according to sources.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022