UK: Birmingham Is Site For Harvey Nichols' Third Store
Harvey Nichols is to open its first small-size outlet - and third UK store - at the Mailbox, Birmingham's new upmarket retail location. The new 15,000 sq ft store joins an impressive collection of designer retailers, including Emporio Armani, DKNY, Thomas Pink, Iceberg and Christian Lacroix. The retail development is due to open next month.Alan Chatham, director of Birmingham Mailbox, said: "We are thrilled to have secured Harvey Nichols and it is a clear indication that the Mailbox is creating a premier league lifestyle and retail pitch on a European scale."Harvey Nichols has taken two units on either side of the development's entrance, which will be linked by a bridge. It is likely to be the first in a series of slimmed-down boutiques, which chief executive Joseph Wan said the retailer planned to launch last year. The shops will feature Harvey Nichols' own-branded clothing labels, food and cosmetics and a brasserie/restaurant.Bath, Glasgow, Newcastle and Nottingham are thought to be on the list, said UK trade magazine Retail Week.Harvey Nichols has already committed to two more department stores, opening in Edinburgh in 2002 and Manchester a year later.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016