UK: Birmingham Is Site For Harvey Nichols' Third Store
Harvey Nichols is to open its first small-size outlet - and third UK store - at the Mailbox, Birmingham's new upmarket retail location. The new 15,000 sq ft store joins an impressive collection of designer retailers, including Emporio Armani, DKNY, Thomas Pink, Iceberg and Christian Lacroix. The retail development is due to open next month.Alan Chatham, director of Birmingham Mailbox, said: "We are thrilled to have secured Harvey Nichols and it is a clear indication that the Mailbox is creating a premier league lifestyle and retail pitch on a European scale."Harvey Nichols has taken two units on either side of the development's entrance, which will be linked by a bridge. It is likely to be the first in a series of slimmed-down boutiques, which chief executive Joseph Wan said the retailer planned to launch last year. The shops will feature Harvey Nichols' own-branded clothing labels, food and cosmetics and a brasserie/restaurant.Bath, Glasgow, Newcastle and Nottingham are thought to be on the list, said UK trade magazine Retail Week.Harvey Nichols has already committed to two more department stores, opening in Edinburgh in 2002 and Manchester a year later.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report