UK: Birmingham Is Site For Harvey Nichols' Third Store
Harvey Nichols is to open its first small-size outlet - and third UK store - at the Mailbox, Birmingham's new upmarket retail location. The new 15,000 sq ft store joins an impressive collection of designer retailers, including Emporio Armani, DKNY, Thomas Pink, Iceberg and Christian Lacroix. The retail development is due to open next month.Alan Chatham, director of Birmingham Mailbox, said: "We are thrilled to have secured Harvey Nichols and it is a clear indication that the Mailbox is creating a premier league lifestyle and retail pitch on a European scale."Harvey Nichols has taken two units on either side of the development's entrance, which will be linked by a bridge. It is likely to be the first in a series of slimmed-down boutiques, which chief executive Joseph Wan said the retailer planned to launch last year. The shops will feature Harvey Nichols' own-branded clothing labels, food and cosmetics and a brasserie/restaurant.Bath, Glasgow, Newcastle and Nottingham are thought to be on the list, said UK trade magazine Retail Week.Harvey Nichols has already committed to two more department stores, opening in Edinburgh in 2002 and Manchester a year later.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020