Bjorn Borg takes Benelux distribution in-house
Swedish underwear brand Björn Borg has terminated its distribution contract for the Netherlands, Belgium and Luxemburg, instead taking it in-house.
Current distributors, Baseline Group, will continue to hold the distribution rights during its four-year term of notice, unless the parties agree on an earlier takeover, Björn Borg said.
"The current distributor, Baseline Group, has managed to establish the brand very successfully in both markets," said CEO Henrik Bunge. "In 2014, for example, the Dutch market accounted for as much as 27% of total brand sales, and the Netherlands has been the single biggest market sales-wise for several years. However, the markets have changed in recent years and can expectedly be better managed in-house, which is why we now have decided to discontinue the collaboration."
The company said it believes that by managing the Benelux distribution in-house, it will get closer to the consumers and the local market players, opening up further opportunities.
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020