US: Black Diamond completes Gregory Mountain sale
Outdoor equipment and apparel business Black Diamond has completed the sale of its Gregory Mountain Products brand for US$84.1m to Samsonite.
The divestiture was made as part of Black Diamond's plans to focus on its core brands, including POC and Black Diamond apparel.
It has used a portion of the proceeds from the sale to pay down debt and plans to reinvest the remainder to support the continued growth and long-term development of its core brands.
"Closing the sale of Gregory marks a critical point in our strategic pivot initiated last autumn," said Black Diamond CEO Peter Metcalf. "We believe that we are now positioned for enhanced growth from our core and fastest-growing brands."
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)