US: Black Diamond completes Gregory Mountain sale
Outdoor equipment and apparel business Black Diamond has completed the sale of its Gregory Mountain Products brand for US$84.1m to Samsonite.
The divestiture was made as part of Black Diamond's plans to focus on its core brands, including POC and Black Diamond apparel.
It has used a portion of the proceeds from the sale to pay down debt and plans to reinvest the remainder to support the continued growth and long-term development of its core brands.
"Closing the sale of Gregory marks a critical point in our strategic pivot initiated last autumn," said Black Diamond CEO Peter Metcalf. "We believe that we are now positioned for enhanced growth from our core and fastest-growing brands."
- Yarn-forward rules weigh on Vietnam TPP potential
- How M&S plans to revamp its clothing business
- Footwear to see "significant" gains from TPP
- The difference between compliance and safety?
- Is China really going through a slump?
- Gap accused of rights violations in supply chain
- US Q1 in brief - Sears, Abercrombie & Fitch
- M&S to see "departure" of sourcing chiefs?
- Gap to close 75 stores amid "disastrous" Q1
- Adidas Speedfactory eyes large-scale production