US: Black Diamond completes Gregory Mountain sale
Outdoor equipment and apparel business Black Diamond has completed the sale of its Gregory Mountain Products brand for US$84.1m to Samsonite.
The divestiture was made as part of Black Diamond's plans to focus on its core brands, including POC and Black Diamond apparel.
It has used a portion of the proceeds from the sale to pay down debt and plans to reinvest the remainder to support the continued growth and long-term development of its core brands.
"Closing the sale of Gregory marks a critical point in our strategic pivot initiated last autumn," said Black Diamond CEO Peter Metcalf. "We believe that we are now positioned for enhanced growth from our core and fastest-growing brands."
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead