US: Black Diamond completes Gregory Mountain sale
Outdoor equipment and apparel business Black Diamond has completed the sale of its Gregory Mountain Products brand for US$84.1m to Samsonite.
The divestiture was made as part of Black Diamond's plans to focus on its core brands, including POC and Black Diamond apparel.
It has used a portion of the proceeds from the sale to pay down debt and plans to reinvest the remainder to support the continued growth and long-term development of its core brands.
"Closing the sale of Gregory marks a critical point in our strategic pivot initiated last autumn," said Black Diamond CEO Peter Metcalf. "We believe that we are now positioned for enhanced growth from our core and fastest-growing brands."
- Supply chain takeaways from Sourcing at MAGIC
- Cotton supply chain transparency an ongoing issue
- No simple way to be sustainable, says SAC CEO
- Why voters don’t want more global supply chains
- Denim and athleisure top picks for back-to-school
- Li & Fung eyes supply chain speed in 3-year plan
- Zara USA faces US$5m deceptive pricing lawsuit
- EU clothing imports from China continue to plunge
- Nike and Crystal Group "doing well by doing good"
- EU relaxes origin rules on Jordan clothing exports
- Too Many Standards
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Under Armour, Inc. (UA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras