US: Black Diamond completes Gregory Mountain sale
Outdoor equipment and apparel business Black Diamond has completed the sale of its Gregory Mountain Products brand for US$84.1m to Samsonite.
The divestiture was made as part of Black Diamond's plans to focus on its core brands, including POC and Black Diamond apparel.
It has used a portion of the proceeds from the sale to pay down debt and plans to reinvest the remainder to support the continued growth and long-term development of its core brands.
"Closing the sale of Gregory marks a critical point in our strategic pivot initiated last autumn," said Black Diamond CEO Peter Metcalf. "We believe that we are now positioned for enhanced growth from our core and fastest-growing brands."
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Smart sportswear faces mass production challenges
- Frank Henke discusses Adidas sustainability agenda
- Innovation and supply chain remain key for Nike
- “Unsafe” Bangladesh factory refuses to evacuate
- Cambodia labour abuse claims disputed
- Major Ethiopia textile build experiences delays
- Garment factory tool to improve communication
- RFID adoption among retailers near “tipping point”
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019