US: Black Diamond completes Gregory Mountain sale
Outdoor equipment and apparel business Black Diamond has completed the sale of its Gregory Mountain Products brand for US$84.1m to Samsonite.
The divestiture was made as part of Black Diamond's plans to focus on its core brands, including POC and Black Diamond apparel.
It has used a portion of the proceeds from the sale to pay down debt and plans to reinvest the remainder to support the continued growth and long-term development of its core brands.
"Closing the sale of Gregory marks a critical point in our strategic pivot initiated last autumn," said Black Diamond CEO Peter Metcalf. "We believe that we are now positioned for enhanced growth from our core and fastest-growing brands."
- Cotton “too diverse” for fixed sustainability plan
- Three tipping points for RFID in fashion
- Capacity building key to Myanmar momentum
- China undisputed giant of garment exports
- DENIM DAYS: Suppliers weigh up industry challenges
- SOURCING: Global sourcing snapshots launched
- Nike criticised over Vietnam sourcing ethics
- Wal-Mart silent on Rana Plaza lawsuit
- VF Corp lifts outlook despite Q1 profit fall
- Nike launches women's kit from recycled polyester