US: Black Diamond Equipment selects Centric PLM
Black Diamond, which specialises in outdoor performance gear including apparel, has selected the product lifecycle management (PLM) system from Centric Software to help improve its materials management functions.
The company will implement Centric 8 PLM software over time for all product lines, including Black Diamond Equipment hardgoods and apparel.
The system will help provide visibility of materials usage across all product lines, explains Walter Wilhelm, vice president of business process at Black Diamond.
"In a company whose technically sophisticated products incorporate innovative materials, the Centric PLM suite will help assure the most cost-effective purchasing of these top-quality materials," he adds.
Black Diamond's products are sold by leading specialty retailers in the US and around the world.
Given their rapid evolution over recent years, it is difficult to predict where ERP and PLM will be a few years from now. Increased compatibility, cloud-based systems, social media mining, and on-dema...
Emerging markets, with their major outsourcing sectors, offer an excellent marketplace for operational software vendors. This is especially the case as American and European markets mature....
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software has undergone a profound change over recent years, dominated by three catchwords: integration, cloud computing and social design....
Fit specialist Alvanon has launched a global training programme to help product design and development teams achieve better and more consistent garment fit - providing them with a competitive edge....
Brooks Sports, the US-based running brand, has invested in PTC's FlexPLM solution to help it deliver the right products, at the right time and price, while retaining profit margins....
French high-end women's lingerie and ready-to-wear brand Aubade has invested in product lifecycle management (PLM) software to accelerate product development as it expands into the retail sector....
- Levi Strauss raises the bar on sustainability
- Gap and H&M back Myanmar path to labour reform
- Nike reaffirms US production commitment
- H&M faces margin pressure on dollar impact
- Can technology shape a sustainable fashion future?
- Myanmar minimum wage set at US$3.2 per day
- Talks progressing on Myanmar minimum wage
- Far Eastern to invest $323m in Vietnam textile hub
- Fast Retailing supplier continues strike talks
- Hugo Boss in talks over supplier labour claims
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- World Textile and Apparel Trade and Production Trends: The EU - May 2015
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015