US: Black Diamond Q4 earnings climb
- Q4 earnings reach US$0.7m
- Gross margin at 38%
- Sales climb 24%
Outdoor and action sports apparel business Black Diamond saw earnings and sales climb in its fourth-quarter on the back of strong growth across all its brands and major geographies.
In the three months to the end of December, net income amounted to US$0.7m from $0.5m a year earlier. Earnings included $2.7m of non-cash items and $0.2m of merger and integration costs compared to $1.1m of costs in the year ago quarter.
Gross margin increased to 38% in the quarter from 36.3% in the comparable period last year.
Sales were up 24% to $60.4m, boosted by strong growth across all Black Diamond brands and major geographies, as well as the launch of its apparel and an increase in Gregory's sales in Japan.
"In addition to record sales, 2013 was an investment year and a year of significant strategic accomplishments," said CEO Peter Metcalf. "We launched Black Diamond apparel, established our own distribution business in Japan, and finalized the integration of POC and PIEPS. We expect 2014 to be a year highlighted by continuing growth and a strategic shift towards our fastest growing businesses."
For the full year, Black Diamond expects sales to range between $235m to $240m, and gross margin between 39.5% and 40.5%.
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Gap bullish on China growth opportunities
- US Q2 in brief: Guess, PVH, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Gap restructuring weighs on Q2 as profit falls 34%
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- Ralph Lauren debuts biometic smart shirt
- China market woes could hit consumer spending
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019