ITALY: Blackstone takes 20% stake in Versace
Private equity firm Blackstone Capital has taken a 20% stake in Italian fashion house Versace in a deal valuing the company at EUR1bn (US$823.31m).
Blackstone will inject EUR150m into the company, buying EUR60m of shares from parent firm GIVI Holding. On completion, the private equity firm will have one seat on the company's board.
The deal will allow Versace to invest in its retail store network in existing and emerging markets. It will also enable the company to bring forward plans to further develop its portfolio of brands, in particular Versus Versace, as well as its product offering, with a specific focus on accessories, and enhance its e-commerce business.
Group creative director, Donatella Versace, said: "I am very pleased to work with Blackstone and, in particular, with Stephen Schwarzman, whom I admire for his achievements and who shares the family's vision for the development of Versace. We have gained a strong and unique positioning in luxury fashion, and I believe that this investment in the company, together with our clear direction and our outstanding management team, will enable us to achieve Versace's potential."
Versace is expected to release its full-year results at the end of March. The company said it expects to announce revenues up around 18% to nearly EUR480m and EBITDA up more than 50% to at least EUR69m.
In view of the robust apparel specialist retailing market in China, many multinational players, particularly fast fashion operators, accelerated their expansion plans in 2012. H&M plans to penetrate i...
Apparel & Non-Apparel Manufacturing in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profi...
Hennes & Mauritz is considered a high-end value retailer in the UK, because although it offers low-priced clothing items; they are produced using a strong slew of designer collaborations, heightening ...
Synopsis Canadean's "PORTS DESIGN LIMITED - Company Capsule" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company overview, key facts, major prod...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Crystal Group nurtures its caring culture
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Cambodia garment workers “dying on the job”
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey