US: Blair chenille robes recalled following six deaths
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued a second recall of women's full length chenille robes sold by retailer Blair after six deaths were reported when the robes caught on fire.
The recall was originally announced in April 2009 and it is thought that 162,000 of the robes have been sold.
The robe is a one-piece garment made of plush sculpted chenille, a shaped stand collar, and horizontal chenille front and back yolks and cuffs.
It has a full-button front with seven matching button closures, long sleeves with self cuffs, a straight bottom with self hem, and two side seam pockets.
The robe's sewn in label states: "100% Cotton, RN 81700, Made in Pakistan". Item numbers 3093111, 3093112, 3093113, 3093114, 3093115 or 3093116 are identified on a label in the garment's neckline.
The robes were sold in Blair catalogues, on its web site, and in Blair stores from January 2003 through March 2009 priced at $20 to $40.
Century 21 Promotions has recalled about 17,000 hooded sweatshirts and jackets because of a strangulation hazard....
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is to vote on recommendations made by Intertek and the American Apparel and Footwear Association (AAFA) related to the testing of children's goods....
The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has released a new policy statement to try to clarify its decision in August to exempt textiles from the lead testing and certification requirements for c...
Children's textiles and textile-based products that are Oeko-Tex certified also comply with the lead content limits of the Consumer Products Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), it has been ruled....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020