USA: Blair Reports Record Results
Blair Corporation,(Amex: BL), a national catalog and direct mail marketer of women's and men's apparel and home products, today reported results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2000.Net sales for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000 increased 17.7 per cent to $157,063,466 from $133,431,331 reported for the second quarter ended June 30, 1999. Net income for the quarter rose 66 per cent to $8,286,370, or $1.04 per share, compared to net income of $4,998,350, or $.60 per share, reported for the second quarter last year.Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2000 increased 12.4 per cent to $287,127,104 from $255,453,945 reported for the first six months ended June 30, 1999. Net income for the six months rose 108 per cent to $15,224,526, or $1.89 per share, compared to net income of $7,319,741, or $.87 per share, reported for the six months last year.During the quarter, Blair Corporation launched Crossing Pointe, a women's apparel catalog and e-commerce site offering a high-quality merchandise mix at moderate prices. It was test mailed in mid-June to gain insight on product offerings and inventory levels. The first full release of the Crossing Pointe catalog is being mailed this week and Crossing Pointe is also available on line at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022