USA: Blair Reports Record Results
Blair Corporation,(Amex: BL), a national catalog and direct mail marketer of women's and men's apparel and home products, today reported results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2000.Net sales for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000 increased 17.7 per cent to $157,063,466 from $133,431,331 reported for the second quarter ended June 30, 1999. Net income for the quarter rose 66 per cent to $8,286,370, or $1.04 per share, compared to net income of $4,998,350, or $.60 per share, reported for the second quarter last year.Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2000 increased 12.4 per cent to $287,127,104 from $255,453,945 reported for the first six months ended June 30, 1999. Net income for the six months rose 108 per cent to $15,224,526, or $1.89 per share, compared to net income of $7,319,741, or $.87 per share, reported for the six months last year.During the quarter, Blair Corporation launched Crossing Pointe, a women's apparel catalog and e-commerce site offering a high-quality merchandise mix at moderate prices. It was test mailed in mid-June to gain insight on product offerings and inventory levels. The first full release of the Crossing Pointe catalog is being mailed this week and Crossing Pointe is also available on line at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- Better compliance "crucial" for Bangladesh growth
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022