USA: Blair Reports Record Results
Blair Corporation,(Amex: BL), a national catalog and direct mail marketer of women's and men's apparel and home products, today reported results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2000.Net sales for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000 increased 17.7 per cent to $157,063,466 from $133,431,331 reported for the second quarter ended June 30, 1999. Net income for the quarter rose 66 per cent to $8,286,370, or $1.04 per share, compared to net income of $4,998,350, or $.60 per share, reported for the second quarter last year.Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2000 increased 12.4 per cent to $287,127,104 from $255,453,945 reported for the first six months ended June 30, 1999. Net income for the six months rose 108 per cent to $15,224,526, or $1.89 per share, compared to net income of $7,319,741, or $.87 per share, reported for the six months last year.During the quarter, Blair Corporation launched Crossing Pointe, a women's apparel catalog and e-commerce site offering a high-quality merchandise mix at moderate prices. It was test mailed in mid-June to gain insight on product offerings and inventory levels. The first full release of the Crossing Pointe catalog is being mailed this week and Crossing Pointe is also available on line at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth