USA: Blair Reports Record Results
Blair Corporation,(Amex: BL), a national catalog and direct mail marketer of women's and men's apparel and home products, today reported results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2000.Net sales for the second quarter ended June 30, 2000 increased 17.7 per cent to $157,063,466 from $133,431,331 reported for the second quarter ended June 30, 1999. Net income for the quarter rose 66 per cent to $8,286,370, or $1.04 per share, compared to net income of $4,998,350, or $.60 per share, reported for the second quarter last year.Net sales for the six months ended June 30, 2000 increased 12.4 per cent to $287,127,104 from $255,453,945 reported for the first six months ended June 30, 1999. Net income for the six months rose 108 per cent to $15,224,526, or $1.89 per share, compared to net income of $7,319,741, or $.87 per share, reported for the six months last year.During the quarter, Blair Corporation launched Crossing Pointe, a women's apparel catalog and e-commerce site offering a high-quality merchandise mix at moderate prices. It was test mailed in mid-June to gain insight on product offerings and inventory levels. The first full release of the Crossing Pointe catalog is being mailed this week and Crossing Pointe is also available on line at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Investment continues in Ethiopia clothing sector
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Start-ups chosen to re-think fashion industry
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts