USA: Bloomingdale's Branching Out In Chicago
Federated Department Stores, Inc is to open a Bloomingdale's Home Store in downtown Chicago, and also plans to remodel the Bloomingdale's store at 900 North Michigan Avenue. The new Bloomingdale's Home Store would occupy 130,000 square feet on four levels in the Medinah Temple building. Construction is planned to begin this fall with a store opening planned for spring 2002. Once the new Home Store is complete, home merchandise would be carried exclusively in this new location. The space previously occupied by home merchandise in the North Michigan store would be extensively remodelled to offer a broader selection of apparel, cosmetics and shoes. Remodelling in the 256,000 square-foot North Michigan store is planned for completion in fall 2002. "Our customers look to us for fashion leadership in all areas of the business and in the new Home Store we will expand our home offerings dramatically," said Michael Gould, chairman of Bloomingdale's. "We'll soon be able to provide even more of what Bloomingdale's is known for: superior service, an exciting shopping experience and exclusive merchandise."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022