USA: Bloomingdale's Branching Out In Chicago
Federated Department Stores, Inc is to open a Bloomingdale's Home Store in downtown Chicago, and also plans to remodel the Bloomingdale's store at 900 North Michigan Avenue. The new Bloomingdale's Home Store would occupy 130,000 square feet on four levels in the Medinah Temple building. Construction is planned to begin this fall with a store opening planned for spring 2002. Once the new Home Store is complete, home merchandise would be carried exclusively in this new location. The space previously occupied by home merchandise in the North Michigan store would be extensively remodelled to offer a broader selection of apparel, cosmetics and shoes. Remodelling in the 256,000 square-foot North Michigan store is planned for completion in fall 2002. "Our customers look to us for fashion leadership in all areas of the business and in the new Home Store we will expand our home offerings dramatically," said Michael Gould, chairman of Bloomingdale's. "We'll soon be able to provide even more of what Bloomingdale's is known for: superior service, an exciting shopping experience and exclusive merchandise."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022