USA: Bloomingdale's Branching Out In Chicago
Federated Department Stores, Inc is to open a Bloomingdale's Home Store in downtown Chicago, and also plans to remodel the Bloomingdale's store at 900 North Michigan Avenue. The new Bloomingdale's Home Store would occupy 130,000 square feet on four levels in the Medinah Temple building. Construction is planned to begin this fall with a store opening planned for spring 2002. Once the new Home Store is complete, home merchandise would be carried exclusively in this new location. The space previously occupied by home merchandise in the North Michigan store would be extensively remodelled to offer a broader selection of apparel, cosmetics and shoes. Remodelling in the 256,000 square-foot North Michigan store is planned for completion in fall 2002. "Our customers look to us for fashion leadership in all areas of the business and in the new Home Store we will expand our home offerings dramatically," said Michael Gould, chairman of Bloomingdale's. "We'll soon be able to provide even more of what Bloomingdale's is known for: superior service, an exciting shopping experience and exclusive merchandise."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective