US: Blue Holdings inks Faith Connexion knitwear license
Blue Holdings, marketer of Antik Denim and Taverniti So Jeans, has been granted rights as licensee for the contemporary Faith Connexion knitwear brand for men and women in North and South America, Japan and Korea.
Faith Connexion is based in France and designs printed and embellished hoodies, T-shirts, sweatshirts, sweatpants and hats for men and women.
Blue said the license took effect on 12 January and that it had already received reorders from the specialty stores and better department stores that make up the brand's customer base.
Blue disclosed that it will pay a royalty of 9% of net sales during the first two years of the term and 9.5% in the third and final year.
"We are extremely privileged to introduce this brand in both the US and internationally," said Paul Guez, chairman and chief executive officer of Blue Holdings. "This deal represents a collaboration with another group of talented designers to further increase Blue Holdings' reach."
Based in Commerce, California, Blue markets Yanuk and Life & Death in addition to Antik, Taverniti and now Faith Connexion. Last year, it agreed to acquire the Up Against the Wall specialty chain but later withdrew from the transaction.
By Arnold J Karr.
Blue Holdings' fashion service arrangement with William Adams, aka will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas, was designed to generate excitement with consumers, but it garnered a bit more attention than inten...
Blue Holdings will give Black Eyed Peas artist Will.i.am 0.5m shares of its stock over five years in exchange for his fashion services....
Denim and sportswear firm Blue Holdings Inc has signed a deal with Black Eyed Peas musician and producer will.i.am to launch a premium lifestyle denim brand, but in a separate announcement yesterday (...
Harry Haralambus and Leonard Hecht have been appointed as independent directors of the board of Blue Holdings....
Fashion jeans and denim apparel brand Antik Denim has signed a licensing agreement with French company Mercier Sarl to sell its range across Europe....
Scott Drake has joined Blue Holdings as president of sales and chief operating officer, a new post at the Commerce, California-based upscale denim and sportswear firm....
High-end jeans firm Blue Holdings has appointed Larry J Jacobs as its new CFO, effective immediately....
Blue Holdings has signed a licensing agreement with North Star Apparel Corporation to expand its Antik Denim brand into a broader lifestyle collection and new product categories....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Mexico makers bullish on Trump's proposed tariffs
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Throwaway fast fashion model needs re-think
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack