US: Blue Holdings sales, merchandising appointments
Fashion operator Blue Holdings has appointed Burt Damsky as its new president of sales and Alicia Gabaldon as its new VP of merchandising.
Damsky joins the company with over 20 years of senior-level experience in sportswear and apparel, most recently as vice president of Southpole's Lot 29 division.
He also previously served as vice president of Lemon Grass and 52Weekends, having began his career as a sales executive for Cherokee Apparel Group.
Gabaldon, meanwhile, joins the company with ten years of experience in high-end apparel, most recently being director of merchandising at Rock and Republic & Ralph Lauren.
Blue Holdings, whose brands include Antik Denim, Taverniti So Jeans, Faith Connexion and Yanuk, said that the appointments represented an "important and very positive step" in its strategic turnaround plan.
Hampered by its perceptions as the cocaine capital of the world and delays over a new trade pact with the US, Colombia's textile and clothing industry is persevering through the tough times - as Niki ...
The boss of UK retail giant Tesco Plc today (30 September) said he believes there is "room for recovery" in non-food sales growth as the retail giant announced an increase in underlying first-half pro...
Orient Craft Limited, one of India's largest exporters of apparel goods, has finally made the transition from manual pattern making to digital/CAD pattern making and automatic marker making....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
The former chief financial officer of Tommy Hilfiger Handbags and Small Leather Goods Inc (THHB) - a licensee to Tommy Hilfiger in the US - has pleaded guilty to fraud charges after draining US$19m fr...
Denim fashion group Blue Holdings has received notice from The Nasdaq Stock Market to delist the company's securities at the opening of business tomorrow (17 September)....
Licensed brand specialist Cherokee has continued its international expansion with the launch of its Cherokee brand in Israel....
Tommy Hilfiger has rolled out its first men's and women's US sportswear collection which is being sold exclusively at New York-based retailer Macy's under a deal agreed between the two companies last ...
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Modern Slavery Act boosts supply chain engagement
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020