UK: Blue Max buys Stag Knitwear Company
School wear and garments importer and supplier Blue Max has acquired Stag Knitwear Company for an undisclosed sum.
The merger will enable the combined business to offer a full range of garments for the school wear market and help both firms satisfy increased demand for goods.
The companies will continue to work independently on distribution, with Stag products being sent from Nottingham and Blue Max products from its base in Trowbridge.
CEO David Fawcus said: "Blue Max has long wanted to increase the range of school wear products it could offer, and we preferred to do this by way of acquisition.
"Stag was our first choice, not least because it is a family business like us, sharing the same values that we hold to be so important. Blue Max is financially strong and its buying power will improve the profitability of the combined business and the ability to compete.
"The combined business will rank amongst the largest providers of school wear in the country".
Sales and marketing manager Jeremy Phillips added: "An important benefit of the deal is that there is minimal duplication in the product ranges, so both firms can immediately cross-sell across the respective customer bases.
"This provides a huge opportunity to grow sales. Another benefit is the customer requirement for embroidery and manufacturing of personalised school wear - a capability that Blue Max currently lacks and Stag's manufacturing facilities can provide."
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack