USA: Bluefly Buzzing Thanks To Sky High Sales
Sales at leading internet retailer of designer fashion at discount prices Bluefly Inc, almost doubled last month delighted bosses have announced.
Net sales for August increased by over 97 per cent to approximately $2,068,000, from $1,047,000 in August 2000.
That increase follows a 43 per cent increase in net sales for July 2001, approximately $1,679,000 from the $1,172,000 achieved in July 2000.
Based in the heart of New York City's fashion district, Bluefly's website offers customers discounts of up to 75 per cent on fashions from more than 450 designers.
"We are pleased that July and August sales exceeded our expectations," said Bluefly chief executive officer Ken Seiff.
"The weak retail environment has created many off-price buying opportunities in the marketplace. We believe our selection of merchandise has never been better, and we are encouraged by the fact that September sales for the first three weeks of the month are approximately 45 per cent ahead of last year's numbers."
To view related research reports, please follow the links below:-
Companies: Bluefly Inc
Online designer brand retailer Bluefly has managed to generate record sales for the fourth quarter and full year 2005 - reportedly owing to an incremental marketing spend - but posted operating losses...
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' September sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Online fashion retailer Bluefly Inc has appointed Brad Matson as chief marketing officer....
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' April sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020