US: Bluefly Q3 profit flat as sales rise 9.4%
Third quarter loss at online designer fashion retailer Bluefly Inc was flat with the same period last year, the company said yesterday (12 November), even though it managed to grow both sales and gross profit.
Net loss at the New York based firm was "relatively unchanged" at $5.0m, but loss per share rose to $0.43 from $0.39 in last year's quarter.
Revenue was up by 9.4% to $19.8m from $18.1m, and gross profit rose 28% to $7.3m from $5.7m.
Gross margin increased to 36.9% from 31.7% last time, while operating loss fell 5% to $4.8m from $5.1m.
"We are pleased that we were able to show growth in sales, a reduction in operating loss and improvement in our overall metrics given the economic environment," said Melissa Payner, Bluefly's chief executive officer.
The slowdown in consumer spending and smaller order sizes led to a 21% drop in sales at online fashion retailer Bluefly Inc, which continued to run at a loss in its first quarter....
Online retailer Bluefly has reported a net loss of $11.3m for the full-year, down 28% compared to the same period in 2008, as revenues grew 5%....
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020