UK: Board Change Results From E-commerce Shift At GUS
As a result of the decision taken by Great Universal Stores Plc to place responsibility for the group's e-commerce development within its operating divisions, Michael de Kare-Silver, GUS e-commerce director, has left the company. Michael resigned from the board of directors yesterday, and is handing over his responsibilities to divisional companies.John Peace, chief executive of GUS, explained: "e-commerce has become an integral part of the growth strategy of our major divisions, and we now have a great deal of expertise across the Group. It makes sense for our operating divisions to take responsibility for managing their own e-commerce development and for identifying new investment opportunities."With annual sales of well over £50 million, GUS is now a very significant e-commerce player, and is confident that this latest move will establish a strong platform for future growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020