UK: Board Change Results From E-commerce Shift At GUS
As a result of the decision taken by Great Universal Stores Plc to place responsibility for the group's e-commerce development within its operating divisions, Michael de Kare-Silver, GUS e-commerce director, has left the company. Michael resigned from the board of directors yesterday, and is handing over his responsibilities to divisional companies.John Peace, chief executive of GUS, explained: "e-commerce has become an integral part of the growth strategy of our major divisions, and we now have a great deal of expertise across the Group. It makes sense for our operating divisions to take responsibility for managing their own e-commerce development and for identifying new investment opportunities."With annual sales of well over £50 million, GUS is now a very significant e-commerce player, and is confident that this latest move will establish a strong platform for future growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts