UK: Board Change Results From E-commerce Shift At GUS
As a result of the decision taken by Great Universal Stores Plc to place responsibility for the group's e-commerce development within its operating divisions, Michael de Kare-Silver, GUS e-commerce director, has left the company. Michael resigned from the board of directors yesterday, and is handing over his responsibilities to divisional companies.John Peace, chief executive of GUS, explained: "e-commerce has become an integral part of the growth strategy of our major divisions, and we now have a great deal of expertise across the Group. It makes sense for our operating divisions to take responsibility for managing their own e-commerce development and for identifying new investment opportunities."With annual sales of well over £50 million, GUS is now a very significant e-commerce player, and is confident that this latest move will establish a strong platform for future growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack