UK: Board Change Results From E-commerce Shift At GUS
As a result of the decision taken by Great Universal Stores Plc to place responsibility for the group's e-commerce development within its operating divisions, Michael de Kare-Silver, GUS e-commerce director, has left the company. Michael resigned from the board of directors yesterday, and is handing over his responsibilities to divisional companies.John Peace, chief executive of GUS, explained: "e-commerce has become an integral part of the growth strategy of our major divisions, and we now have a great deal of expertise across the Group. It makes sense for our operating divisions to take responsibility for managing their own e-commerce development and for identifying new investment opportunities."With annual sales of well over £50 million, GUS is now a very significant e-commerce player, and is confident that this latest move will establish a strong platform for future growth.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack